Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keswick to cat bells + onwards

Re: Keswick to cat bells + onw

Or arrange a recce of the route then cadge a lift off someone who volunteers for the recce !

Well that would be an idea actually, any one planning it some time from the lancashire area?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    I may have to scrap doing it in christmas because the bus i was planning to use has stopped until feb.

I could either catch the bus from preston to lancaster, then another from lancaster to kewsick.
    Or i could catch the train from preston to windermere, and then get on the bus to keswick.
    Bloody public transport.
    Which bus were you planning on using mate? The one leaving Lancaster at 9.30 is still running because my mum and dad went on it today. That one arrives in Keswick at 11.56. I think the last direct bus back leaves Keswick at 17.40.

There are plenty of trains from Preston to Lancaster then about a 5 minute walk between the train and bus stations in Lancaster

Well i was going to catch the direct bus from preston to keswick. The number X7 or X8 but thats stopped running.
    I have thought of going from preston to lancaster, lancaster to preston...but lining it up with the boats going across derwent water. But id have to catch 3 buses so its a bit of a hastle

Well i was going to catch the direct bus from preston to keswick. The number X7 or X8 but thats stopped running.
    I have thought of going from preston to lancaster, lancaster to preston...but lining it up with the boats going across derwent water. But id have to catch 3 buses so its a bit of a hastle
    Just done my travel agent bit for you.

On a weekday you could get the 8.46 train from Preston to Lancasster which arrives at 9.07 then the 555 bus from Lancaster to Keswick which as i said leaves at 9.30 and gets you to Keswick at 11.56

If you can get to Keswick for 12 noon you can catch a bus to Braithwaite and do The Coledale Horseshoe, about 9 miles 3000 feet ascent. There's a bus back to keswick from Braithwaite at 13.55 if you're quick or 15.55. if you aren't. If you're in between there's a decent pub or you could jog back to Keswick!
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

I may have to scrap doing it in christmas because the bus i was planning to use has stopped until feb.

I could either catch the bus from preston to lancaster, then another from lancaster to kewsick.
    Or i could catch the train from preston to windermere, and then get on the bus to keswick.
    Bloody public transport.

So nee bother, u may see me.....im an 18 year old, glasses and ill probably be looking lost after ive past High Spy
    Have you considered train or bus to Penrith - then across to Keswick?

Thats an idea actually, ill look up the service and times now.

Al,

When's your uni break start?

Was planning on recceing this 20/21st nov. I'll be staying in Keswick, mate driving up M6. Any use to you?

AF - I'm also at uni and wouldn't mind getting up to the lakes over the break - was thinking of recceing the Old Crown Round for next June. I'm a bit slow so you might not want to run with me! but might make it easier for sorting a long run out.

I'm coming from Manchester so it'd be easy to pick you up.