Thread: Terry Nortley training session

Terry Nortley training session

Monday evening (20th October 2008) marks the last training session taken by Terry Nortley for Radcliffe AC at Cams Lane Track in Radcliffe, Greater Manchester. The session starts with the run up to the track from Coney Green Sports Centre (opposite the Metro station) just after 7pm to arrive at the track about 7.15pm. It would be great to see all people who have been involved or trained by Terry taking part in his last training session before he retires from coaching. It would also suprise the heck out of him to see so many familiar faces there and train for the last time under him. A quick exert from
    http://archive.thisislancashire.co.u.../7/871761.html

THERE is not much Terry Nortley doesn't know about running.
    For the past 50 years he has been passing it on to others as a coach.

Terry, who lives in Radcliffe, is a familiar face at the local club, and as well as training runners is usually at the races himself to see how they perform.
    But in the early 1950s Terry was a force to be reckoned with on the running scene.
    He was a cross-country champion and also a ten-mile champ. He had joined the old Radcliffe Harriers in 1946 and was made a life-member in 1956. That same year the club amalgamated with Bury and he was secretary for three years.
    During that time Terry qualified as a club coach. He later coached at Bolton United Harriers AC for many years, where he was president for two years, and then carried on the good work at the reformed Radcliffe Athletic Club. In the 1970s he started fell running and put two Snowdon races and two Ben Nevis classics under his belt.
    In the coaching world Terry has passed on his expertise to many runners and even though he is now in his seventies he has no intention of stopping just yet*
    *Until now. Terry will continue his role as president at Radcliffe AC.
    Please come along and support our efforts in congratulating his acheivements in coaching over the years. We won't even charge the fee to train
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Re: Terry Nortley training ses

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    It would be great to see all people who have been involved or trained by Terry taking part in his last training session before he retires

This is a superb idea Vince, I'm just upset i can't be there. Terry has made a huge contribution to the sport over the years.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    This is a superb idea Vince, I'm just upset i can't be there. Terry has made a huge contribution to the sport over the years.
    I'll pass on your regards. If this weather keeps up I presume he won't miss doing the sessions though!
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Terry will not know what to do on a Monday night!
    Absolute diamond that man, hope it was a good night..