Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where have you been?

Where have you been?

On Boxing day I was up on Latrigg before it was light and then over Lonscale Fell to Skiddaw house and back on t'other side of the beck to the Blencathra Centre.

Then on the Friday after christmas I made a foray up St Sunday Crag with the intention of going down off the far end to Grisedale Tarn and then up Dollywagon etc onto Helvellyn. Unfortunately the weather was appalling and I had to turn back after twice attempting to run down to the tarn. The wind was just too strong for my 10stone frame to make any inroads and the rain felt like I was being sandblasted.
    In the end I made up the time by running up the valley instead

All great fun though.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

2 days before Christmas we went up Whernside in the Yorkshire Dales. Going up through the clagg from the Ribblehead viaduct we were amazed to find that on the top at the trig point we were in bright sunshine looking down onto the clouds, with the ajacent hills peaking through the mist.
    A few days later we drove to Horton Station. From Horton we caught the train one stop to Ribblehead then ran through to the Hill Inn along the road and then up Ingleborough. The path up was pretty icy, and then on the descent it snowed causing us to miss the path off although eventually back on track we descended back to Horton.

I'll put some pics up later.

Pudgy's lurking. Welcome back Pudgy!

Thanks Swoop. Been to Wales and ran up Moel Siabod, then retired wet and cold to the pub for new year. Also ran as a punk up Whinberry Naze, followed by a somnambulant Swoop

I've mostly been to the pub

Graeme
    I went over Pen-y-ghent and plover on christmas eve, then I did nothing until the following friday when I ran over bull hill. Since then I've done nothing. I aim to be out at the weekend.

Done as much as I could but afraid to say the majority was on the roads
    I did however, manage to do about 3 winter hill recce's and a New Years eve plod up there too -no trips to the lakes other than boxing day when OH and the 3 tiddlys went for a 3 mile drag, bribe, bawl around grizedale forest!

Managed to get a day out in the Lakes last Thursday. The route was a recce of the Kentmere Horseshoe. Really misty and quite snowy up the tops, and then a screeching icy wind as we came up by High Street. Great to be out, but me legs were still tired from the 20miler on the Saturday, and I couldn't give it much welly. Decided to miss the last bit and came down Nan Bield back to Kentmere.

Can't wait to go back again with more energy in the legs!!

Went up to Bleaklow a couple of days before Christmas and it was when all the fog was supposed to be coming up from down south. It was a bit claggy and more was coming in when but going up to Bleaklow Head you went right through it and it was seriously bright, looking down on the cloud and somof the tops poking out like Shelf Moor and Holme Moss transmitter suspended in the sky - it was absolutely awesome - I kept swearing cos I didn't have my camera. Were any other 'locals' up to see it?

Went up to Kentmere the Thursday before xmas and had a great run - cloud inversion and a great brockenspectre as I ran along the ridge from Yoke to Ill Bell. Unfortunately, due to late start, decided to cut down from NanBield rather than go over Kentmere Pike.

Then went up to Kentmere again last Thursday and had a very cold, very misty run....saw nothing over Yoke, Ill Bell, Froswick, down to Nan Bield....at which point we decided to cut off downhill.

Doh! Going to have to go back soon and get the whole round done!!
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog