Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your goal/race this yr?

What's your goal/race this yr?

Mine has to be the Borrowdale. Having started so well last year and getting so hopelessly lost in the clag with some Saddleworth chaps and missing the cut off by 4 minutes....(NOOOOOOOO) So, it has to be done and completed successfully this year. Goal: 5hours.

Re: What's your goal/race this

WELL

My goal was...well... is just to do a few races this year and get properly fit Trouble is things keep getting in the way sorted a few domestic issues this morning though, so might get a bit more time and there is still 10 months to go

Good luck with borrowdale moo

get back to full training

Banned

To complete the 6 English Championship races and The Ben.
    Any other are just working towards my goals.

Master

Sub 24hrs on the 90+mile WHW race in june, got a few others but they revolve around WHW training
    The older I get the Faster I was

Same as you re the WHW - under 24 hrs, but also aim to run the Highland Fling, though not bothered about a fast time, more just run the distance in 'relative comfort'.

Also aim to do the Tranter Round (again no time, just 18 hrs ish will do) and if recovery from the WHW goes OK, the Paddy Buckley Round in Snowdonia. Just had a great day out on the Siabod - Cnicht section today and got around way up on the time neccessary without feeling I was pushing it at all.

Master

See you at the Fling Iain, i am also tempted by the Devil but 2 weeks before the WHW may be pushing it
    The older I get the Faster I was

Ennerdale Horseshoe and the Wasdale as far as races are concerned, would like to do as many of the other races in the Lakeland Classics Trophy as I can but the Ennerdale and Wasdale are the main ones.

Away from racing I would like to do Tranters and the Cuillin ridge, I love doing "horseshoe" runs and Tranters is the ultimate in the UK, the Cuillin ridge I've always said one day I'd do it must make the effort this year!

There's also the BGR, I suppose a lot of my training is geared towards this but would like to do more support before I commit

Also like to try the Bernia ridge near Benidorm again but a little bit faster, took about 2 1/2 hours for the ridge on its own but was waitng a lot for a pair of spanish climbers in front of me, I think 1 1/2 hours is possible.
    The ridge is not really fell running its mostly an exposed scramble with a number of abseils and one section of VS climbing but its great fun.

Bill

Yeah, thought about the Devil O The highlands, I did it back in 2004, really enjoyed it, but do feel its such a pity they've shifted the date.

Do you know why?

I'm hoping that so few people do it this year that they realise they have made a mistake and shift it back to August, meaning that the triple crown is once again a realistic proposition. I think 2 weeks may just be enough time to recover, I ran a 41 miler 2 weeks before the Pedol Peris race, which is one of the hardest fell races on the calendar, and still felt a bit jaded, but it was a very hot day, so maybe not all a hang over.

I've spent a lot of time on the Cuillin, but I'm just not confident soloing, so would rather just take my time and do it over a few days or a very long day. Maybe next year. I wrote most of my thesis in the memorial hut in Glen Brittle. Drive up there from Glasgow, stoke the fire up and work with no distractions, when ever it was nice go for a run or climb up on the ridge.

1 The LDWA 100 in May

2 Paddy Buckley round in July (possibly)