Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brecon40 might contain nuts

Brecon40 might contain nuts

anyone doing this? Looking to share transport?

Re: Brecon40 might contain nut

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    anyone doing this? Looking to share transport?
    I'll be driving down Friday afternoon from Warrington, leaving about 3pm, but I don't suppose that's any use to you. I'll be returning quite early after the finish of the race.

I'm hoping to enjoy this one after having a torrid time on the Fellsman the other week: I was one of the blokes dragging his arse and struggling to stay in contact with the group that you went past just before the last checkpoint!

Have a great one. I suppose I'lll see you and most of the usual crew there on Friday/Saturday.
    Last edited by MarkL; 09-05-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Karen, I'm driving down Friday afternoon and returning Sunday morning. I live in South Manchester area. Is that any use?

Thanks for the offer Nick but I am hoping to get back on Sat night. I left No2 son alone for 3 days last weekend and although he has not complained it wouldbe good to see him.

Mark- Cannot make Warrington for 3pm as in work until 3.05. What accom have you booked? Although it is less economic and more hassle to drive I'm starting to think our camper van might be easiest for me.
    Hope to meet you- was aware of the group in front as they kept having slight split issus with a faster 3 and slower 2. We thought some would speed past us after ungrouping at Yarnbury.

Thanks for the offer Nick but I am hoping to get back on Sat night. I left No2 son alone for 3 days last weekend and although he has not complained it wouldbe good to see him.

Mark- Cannot make Warrington for 3pm as in work until 3.05. What accom have you booked? Although it is less economic and more hassle to drive I'm starting to think our camper van might be easiest for me.
    Hope to meet you- was aware of the group in front as they kept having slight split issus with a faster 3 and slower 2. We thought some would speed past us after ungrouping at Yarnbury.
    Hi Karen,

I have not booked any accomodation - I'm going to sleep in my car.
    I can leave Warrington a bit later if you like, drop you off at your accomodation and bring you home on Saturday.
    Obviously, it's up to you.

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks mak

I ave no accom booked so think I'll stick with driving down in the van S61 UBP
    Assuming I make it and you are sleeping in your car at the cattle market come and say helloo and i'll make you a bed time drink

Thanks mak

I ave no accom booked so think I'll stick with driving down in the van S61 UBP
    Assuming I make it and you are sleeping in your car at the cattle market come and say helloo and i'll make you a bed time drink
    Sounds good. I assume the cattle market is the one just down the road from the event centre? Last year I slept in a spooky forestry car park.
    See you all there. I'll try to break the habit of a lifetime and say hello! I'll be in a white Focus estate.

cheers,

Mark.
    Last edited by MarkL; 09-05-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: found the cattle market on the map

I will be there guys! So do come and say hi! Ill be in van k99vlm. Ill prob have a big husky dog with me for an early morning walk before the run! I really like this route but it is a toughy!

I'll be at the race as well. I'll be the one with all the shiney new gear, no idea and poor training, hoping that I'll actually be able to finish. At this point I'd be happy with coming in last as long as I actually finish. On the upside I know most of the course fairly well. Not wanting to jinx it, but the forecast is quite good as well at the moment. Should be a nice day.

Hi Matt
    will look out for you.I've hardly run since Fellsman- bit of orienteering last weekend and some days cycle to work. Ankle still not the right shape
    Knowing the area well could be a big advantage as there is quite a small field/ entry. I'm hoping for clear skies and easy nav