Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama

Re: Barack Obama

Yep and we (not me personally) all thought Gordy B was the man as well

To be fair to McCain he had to fight the campaign with one arm tied behind his back because he had 8 years of Bush's presidency to distance himself from. I dont recall seeing Gearge W at any rallies supporting McCain. Thats surely a record for an outgoing President

Quote Originally Posted by Calf View Post
    Yep and we (not me personally) all thought Gordy B was the man as well
    No we did not.

Blair may or may not be a w**ker but that is not the point. Don't forget how mired and tired the tories were before the Blair bandwagon hit town. For better or worse, that labour victory was a shot in the arm for the country. The Obama victory will be a similar event but I hope the only shot is in the arm...however, I fear it may not be.

Having said that, I am reminded of the immortal words of Obi Ben Kenobi to Darth Vader.."if you strike me down, the Force will get stronger" . Or something like that!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Blair may or may not be a w**ker but that is not the point. Don't forget how mired and tired the tories were before the Blair bandwagon hit town. For better or worse, that labour victory was a shot in the arm for the country. The Obama victory will be a similar event but I hope the only shot is in the arm...however, I fear it may not be.

Having said that, I am reminded of the immortal words of Obi Ben Kenobi to Darth Vader.."if you strike me down, the Force will get stronger" . Or something like that!
    "you can't win Darth, if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can imagine"

Glad McCann didn't get in, or I think we'd be bombing Iran next. We don't need any more gun nuts.

When you see McCain it looks a sad state of affairs if he is the best a party the size of the Republicans can come up with but perhaps all the serious contenders realised that after the disastrous 8 years of Bush in charge anyone standing on the Republican ticket would have no chance so they prefer to wait another 4 years before putting themselves forward

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    I dont recall seeing Gearge W at any rallies supporting McCain. Thats surely a record for an outgoing President
    that's about the only strategic decision McCain got right - a Bush endorsement would have been poison!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Foreigner View Post
    No we did not.

not long after he started he had huge ratings everone was telling him to call an early election.

And wasnt McCain leading the polls until the financial F up???

I feel sorry for both contenders.John mccain is a republican following a recently unpopular republican president,and the recent economic disaster is hardly a good advert for free market capitalism which is the basis of any republican campaign.
    I also feel sorry for Obama who is a brilliant speaker and seems very impressive.He takes over the worst economic situation in years.He will need a lot of luck to keep this wave of optimism going.The role of any American president is often more important to the world than the Americans themselves.Each state has huge say on local taxes and laws and most presidents are viewed more on there foreign policy than anything else.
    To say that his colour didn't play a part is not entirely accurate,95% of black americans voted Obama.(maybe racism in reverse?)I hope alot of people didn't vote to be apart of history and voted him on his values alone.
    I hope he drops the emissions religion that he is obsessed with.I wish him luck because i think he will need it.