Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xmas List

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Xmas List

So, had my first night time fell run last night with some of the CleM guys over Pendle. Really looking forward to it, but in the pub car park before setting off I started developing some serious headtorch envy. I turned up with my 4 LED Petzl, and everyone else is there with halogen searchlights, with all wires all over their head.

Going up the hill wasn't so bad, as my footing was following my hand grip 2ft in front of my face. On the moor on the top, or going downhill though, it just couldn't cut through the mist. I had no depth preception at all so kept going over on my ankle, falling down ruts, losing various parts of my body to bogs (up to the waist at one point), ending up flat on my face twice, and generally going very slow. Still, very good fun though.

So, back at the pub, I was asking about the headtorch of choice, which seemed to be of the Hope halogen variety. At £140

Now, undoubtedly this will be money well spent, but it will have to wait until Father Christmas comes along.

In addition to the headtorch, I've got to get some taped waterproof shizzle for the longer races I intend doing next year.

So I was just wondering, what will be on everybody else's Xmas lists this year?

I suppose I could always opt for these:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by southernsoftie; 05-11-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Figured out how to add picture
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Xmas List

you know, once upon a time, we had to rely on a candle strapped to our head, you young ens, dont know yer born!

but i'm gonna treat myself to a kamleika smock, i woud like an AR ultra light tent for MM next year, that'll have to wait a bit
    Last edited by Darth domain; 05-11-2008 at 03:40 PM.

I'm not allowed a list it's been bought already apparently! Although I am sure it/they will be very nice

Lola

Emmilou,

Just to be certain of a friction free Christmas, delightful though all Santa's offerings will be, just make sure that he and all his little helpers are aware of the absolutely vital necessities contained at the store below:

http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/

Just like lighting your way across the fells in the dark, nothing from Aldi or Tesco will substitute!

ps For all of you that PM me regularly, my list is available on request as is advice for gifts for the ladies in your lives; Amex need not apply, he is still not forgiven.

Top up to my '09 cycle training camp fund on my list although would really like a new lightweight waterproof and a PHD or RAB gillet.

Lola, wasn't gonna click onthat as was convinced you'd spelt it wrong and it was fairygodmother....however I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    Lola, wasn't gonna click onthat as was convinced you'd spelt it wrong and it was fairygodmother....however I was wrong
    When your wife checks your Internet history she'll be expecting an outfit and if she doesn't get one............................

Lola

Looking back I see that my spelling has had 'issues' but a girl knows that certain things just get memorized - like Christmas lists and where to find that perfect gift for the lady in your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Looking back I see that my spelling has had 'issues' but a girl knows that certain things just get memorized - like Christmas lists and where to find that perfect gift for the lady in your lives.

The lap top page could get accidentally left open!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    The lap top page could get accidentally left open!
    You could wear one for the Whinberry Naze boxing day fancy dress run!!!!