Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age Category?

Re: Age Category?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    I was thinking of doing the English Championship races next year as a V40 but as there are so many really good V45, V50, V55 and V60 ladies I probably won't do very well in my category as all these ladies will be at the top of the V40 table. I could try much harder but I'll never be as good as them so should I bother?
    Yes Mrs Stagger, of course you should. It takes more than just the winner to make a race - that would just be a solo time trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Can I pinch a bit of room on this thread??

I had planned on completing as a V50 in the English Champs next year but don't turn 50 till early May, i was just going to miss the 1st med' race as it is before my birthday then compete in all the others as a V50, but........ i really fancy the Old Crown Round which is on the same day as Tebay, the only other med. race.

Any way round this to 'qualify' or will I just have to wait till next year?

I only ask as locally the rules seem fairly lax and laid back with regard to few weeks either side of Birthdays

Cheers,

Nee Bother
    Sorry, Nee Bother, but you don't count in the age category until after your birthday. I'll be 50 in February, so I qualify in all the championship races next year.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago Dave Neill won the V50 English, but didn't qualify until the 2nd or 3rd race of the season.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

I hit 40 in April . If I do the races before this will I be counted as a Senior Man for the rest of the championships, or will the races as a youngster be ignored?
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Sorry, Nee Bother, but you don't count in the age category until after your birthday. I'll be 50 in February, so I qualify in all the championship races next year.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago Dave Neill won the V50 English, but didn't qualify until the 2nd or 3rd race of the season.
    Cheers GB think I already knew my answer before I asked, oh well, off to have some cake, hopefully see ewe's at the races