Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thankyou???

Re: Thankyou???

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
    Mrs G had a similar problem. Amongst other things, someone had been ordering expensive bouquets !!

The guy at the CC company told her he was one of several people employed full time to deal with nothing but CC fraud.

I suppose in a way it's 'lucky' it was only 2 smallish payments and not hundreds or indeed thousands as the thing was no where near it's limit

Still frustrating though and yes it's happening more and more...

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    I suppose in a way it's 'lucky' it was only 2 smallish payments and not hundreds or indeed thousands as the thing was no where near it's limit

Still frustrating though and yes it's happening more and more...
    These fraudsters are quite savvy, normally you have a spend limit on your card(not to be confused with your card limit) they will keep spending under this limit as it doesn't ring alarm bells at the bank until you complain.

Fellrunner I would imaginge yours is £500.00 pounds. Some one tried it with our card last year to buy rare coins in Hong Kong! so that flashed up pretty quick and the money wasn't even taken

Our Bank has rung us on Holiday when I had went to Holland and my wife flew to America same day to query payments made on the same day in two continents...

Hang 'em all Zero tollerence.

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
    Amongst other things, someone had been ordering expensive bouquets !!
    Same happened to me flowers from a shop in Essex. I've never been to Essex!

Emmi hope you get your cash refunded.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Nope....in fact I openly admitted to spending on the thing

It is getting frigteningly common though.....not massive amounts taken however that's beside the point maybe they think you won't notice as it's not 100's spent??

I can only summise it's come about following online shopping as it was following 2 purchases made to the same place on different occasions that the following little 'borrowings' were taken.

Hopefully I'll get it back??

I pay £7 a month card protection for all my 2 cards
    hope all comes out okay

my bank account was frozen once, when i enquired why, it was due to my not paying my credit card debts off! I would have been pleased to pay off my debts i told them, however, i dont have a credit card! As they had frozen my account, my direct debits had failed to go out, they had all been cancelled and i had to set them up again when my account was unfrozen. Not to mention that the cash machine had eaten my card, i had to wait days for a new card, then days for a new pin. In the meantime, i had notified the bank this was obviously identity theft, and given i live near and work in blackpool, i would have found it difficult to spend 700quid in the midlands on the day the card was used. I called the police, i could prove i was at work when the card was used. some nice bastard had got a nice load of shopping in at morrsions, got some new clothes and a nice new moby in my name
    When i advised the police to ask the stores to check their CCTV for the times that the card was used, they just said its not worth the bother for such a small amount (tossers).
    Can you believe, the next month,. my bloody acccount was frozen again, direct debits all cancelled again and my card sodding taken again!! After a very irrate call to my bank, they told me that the police had not confirmed to them that a crime had been commited and so hence i still had not paid debts. One call to the police sorted it, i then had to wait days again for a new card and pin, and set up all debites again. Arrrghhhhhhh!! And the cheeky sods got away with it
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

We tried to buy something in Tiffanys in New York last week. Card was turned down though because the missus hadnt phoned them first to say we were going overseas. Excellent security I thought.
    Thing was though, I dont own any credit cards so had so forkout a big splodge of our ready $$$ to pay for it.

Hope you get this sorted and the thieves live out the rest of their short lives in agonising pain.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    We tried to buy something in Tiffanys in New York last week. Card was turned down though because the missus hadnt phoned them first to say we were going overseas. Excellent security I thought.
    Thing was though, I dont own any credit cards so had so forkout a big splodge of our ready $$$ to pay for it.

Hope you get this sorted and the thieves live out the rest of their short lives in agonising pain.

Thankyou. I'm still waiting for the forms to complete and return. Funny how they want the money off you PDQ but when you raise an issue that potentially (or in hopeful cases inevitably) means they are paying money back out, the companies suddenly drag their heels

oh dear

I put down a deposit on a Harley Davidson in LA last year.... or at least someone tried to on my credit card! Fortunately the transaction was blocked, but I still had to mess about getting a new card.

I've just got home to a letter from my ex-employer telling me that a member of staff has had a laptop stolen with every employees, and a lot of ex-employees personal details and bank account details on it. I'd have a good rant about it but someone at my new place (although a different office to me) dropped a USB stick with a load of data on it in a pub carpark last week.... oops....