Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PECO xc league (Leeds area)

PECO xc league (Leeds area)

Any other Forumites eligible for this low-key league for which this season's first race is next Sunday (16 November)

Details at:http://www.abbeyrunners.co.uk/PECO/peco.html

Clubs involved include Abbey Runners, Eccleshill Runners, Ilkley Harriers, Horsforth Fellandale (well we'll get a runner or 5 out!!), Horsforth Harriers, Kirkstall Harriers, Rothwell Harriers, St Teresa's AC Leeds, Valley Striders, Woodkirk Striders & others....

Re: PECO xc league (Leeds area

I am - running for Kippax Harriers. Hopefully we'll get a team.

I always enjoy these cross country races but I've not done the one in Ilkley before.

Hi Muddy, apologies for forgetting Kippax (& Ackworth!!). Have you seen/heard details of the parking changes for the Ilkley race if not:

"Car parking will not be possible at Nell Bank (flooding) so park at Ilkley Swimming Pool/Lido and walk through the woods"

Yes. I'd heard thanks.

Presumably then we can expect the course to be nice and sticky. Just the way I like it.

Well that was fun.

A glorious day and a nice grassy course with plenty of ups and down, mostly long and gradual as opposed to particularly steep.

Very wet & muddy in a few parts though the 'quagmire' was rather tame (probably not so for the roadies though!!).

Thanks to Ilkley Harriers for organising, marshalling and providing free hotdogs and soup afterwards.

How did you do Muddy? I was 73rd so well inside top half and first of only two Fellandale runners out (a poor showing indeed).

That's a quite a coincidence Multi, I was 74th. There was somebody who took me late on. I wonder if that was you.

Like you we had a pretty disappointing show, only four men (although six ladies). But the general turnout seemed very high, plenty of Ilkley and Abbey. Seemed to be some top notch runners out as well. I think the standard must be improving in this league.

Lovely autumunal morning to be out running. Nice atmosphere as usual.

Are you doing the next one at Golden Acre Park? If so, I'll look out for you and try and reverse the outcome. It's the day after our club Christmas party mind you so I'm not making any rash predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    That's a quite a coincidence Multi, I was 74th. There was somebody who took me late on. I wonder if that was you.

Like you we had a pretty disappointing show, only four men (although six ladies). But the general turnout seemed very high, plenty of Ilkley and Abbey. Seemed to be some top notch runners out as well. I think the standard must be improving in this league.

Lovely autumunal morning to be out running. Nice atmosphere as usual.

Are you doing the next one at Golden Acre Park? If so, I'll look out for you and try and reverse the outcome. It's the day after our club Christmas party mind you so I'm not making any rash predictions.
    I think you were probably gaining on me as I lost two places in the final field (one probably the guy who overtook you).

Overall standard is definitely improving (as are the field sizes).

Hoping to make Golden Acre - a rare Saturday race for this league I believe but also the day after our office xmas awayday/meal - which sometimes continues into the evening back in Leeds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Presumably then we can expect the course to be nice and sticky. Just the way I like it.
    MR, I expect the course was to your satisfaction?

I was marshaling in the dip at the top right hand corner of the start field.

Despite my efforts with a trenching spade, I couldn't get the mire deep enough to swallow anyone.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Well that was fun.

A glorious day and a nice grassy course with plenty of ups and down, mostly long and gradual as opposed to particularly steep.

Thanks to Ilkley Harriers for organising, marshalling and providing free hotdogs and soup afterwards.
    We always aim to please and hope that the other races will be just as good.

Great to see the first ever PECO junior race an hour before the seniors. 2 Miles and all age categories (U12, U14 and U16) ran together. A little thin on the ground but hope numbers will improve as the word spreads.

The rumour is another couple of clubs are wanting to join the PECO league just so their juniors can race these new lower key events.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    MR, I expect the course was to your satisfaction?

I was marshaling in the dip at the top right hand corner of the start field.

Despite my efforts with a trenching spade, I couldn't get the mire deep enough to swallow anyone.
    It had its moments. Mind you, most races I do seem to be like that at the moment. Nearly drowned in the mud at Withins.