Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PECO xc league (Leeds area)

Season starts again this morning. I'm not particularly fit at present but will be jogging around.....Temple Newsam 11am start for seniors. www.pecoxc.co.uk

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    There was heading towards 650 starters in the Senior/Vets race!!!!!! (male/female numbers combined)
    I was working in the afternoon, so didn't attend, as it'd have been a bit tight to get back home & turn myself around, and get to work for 13:30.

Hope to make the next round, all being well

We're not promoting one this season, but helping Rothwell Harriers with their round in Middleton Woods on 12th January
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Hope to make the next round, all being well
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    There was heading towards 650 starters in the Senior/Vets race!!!!!! (male/female numbers combined)
    I was working in the afternoon, so didn't attend, as it'd have been a bit tight to get back home & turn myself around, and get to work for 13:30.

We're not promoting one this season, but helping Rothwell Harriers with their round in Middleton Woods on 12th January
    The numbers certainly came as a shock to me having not raced in the league for 3 years. At least I finished before the funnel was moved forward to minimise queueing BEFORE the official finish line!

Also wonder how they'll cope with car parking at other venues esp Danefield where even for the recent Chevin Chiller night race with c160 runners the 3 car parks were full and plenty parked on road side.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Also wonder how they'll cope with car parking at other venues esp Danefield where even for the recent Chevin Chiller night race with c160 runners the 3 car parks were full and plenty parked on road side.
    Not sure if I'll get to Golden Acre Park, as I think I'm working an early-turn??

But,agreed, parking will be an issue at most events

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    Not sure if I'll get to Golden Acre Park, as I think I'm working an early-turn??

But,agreed, parking will be an issue at most events
    Loads of roadside parking today both on the back road close to registration and on the A660 near the main car park, again c500+ runners. A good undulating course with one particularly testing hill on each lap to upset the road runners!

Didn't get there, as I ended up working a late turn, & probably wouldn't have had time to go home/get sorted out/get to work for 13:30

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Loads of roadside parking today both on the back road close to registration and on the A660 near the main car park, again c500+ runners. A good undulating course with one particularly testing hill on each lap to upset the road runners!
    Just shows that no-one reads the bit about car-sharing on the website.

Seriously though, other than Middleton Park (where I think we can use the overflow car park down at John Charles), all the courses this year are about going to have serious parking issues. Northcliffe Park could be very, very interesting.

It is getting to the point where we might start getting refused permissions to use certain locations due to parking issues. Next time at Golden Acre, I'm going to suggest that we use the farmer's field next door and charge people £1 to park. Suspect that'll be very unpopular, but it might be the only option. We always have to pay for orienteering event parking (although not at Golden Acre it has to be said)
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy View Post
    Just shows that no-one reads the bit about car-sharing on the website.

Seriously though, other than Middleton Park (where I think we can use the overflow car park down at John Charles), all the courses this year are about going to have serious parking issues. Northcliffe Park could be very, very interesting.

It is getting to the point where we might start getting refused permissions to use certain locations due to parking issues. Next time at Golden Acre, I'm going to suggest that we use the farmer's field next door and charge people £1 to park. Suspect that'll be very unpopular, but it might be the only option. We always have to pay for orienteering event parking (although not at Golden Acre it has to be said)
    Parking did look fine this morning, even for those of us who didn't car-share!

Didn't feel great during the race this morning but enjoyed the course again (especially the sting in the tail!). Hope you had a good one Fozzy, and any other forumites there.

Didn't get to Middleton Woods either, as I was working an early-turn

Not even sure yet how many of my club-mates did

I did Middleton after missing Golden Acre through illness. I like that course and I am getting fitter again beating people that were ahead of me last time out. I finished 31st. My son ran his second junior XC as well for Valley Striders, he does the 1 mile.

Still can’t get over the increase in numbers over the previous years