Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Female BGR completions

Re: Female BGR completions

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Claire/Bob

The way the "system" works is that Brian Covell prepares a full list of all new members in the early New Year, With winter rounding on the increase, we have to get through 31 December before knowing that we have full year figures.

I then do 2 things; I update the member list so that a fresh list can be PDF'd and posted on the Club website.

I also transpose Brian's membership data onto the central name and address data that I hold with the Club's central records.

So, I can't give you any hard and fast information right now, Claire, but I will have a word with Brian and see what the position is on female completions for 2008.

Morgan
    Morgan just a note from somebody who one day will do this bloody thing!
    I would just like to say a big well done, with out people like you in this sport we love, it would be far far less enjoyably, the encounter's on the fells either supporting our attempting or nothing to the tireless work people like you carry out.
    I am not blowing smoke up your A%&e just making a point known that the effort you and others like you helps make this sport what it is, just good honest fun.
    Every credit to you
    Going to try again....

Amex, kind thoughts and it's always good to know the efforts are appreciated.

Almost all of the time, these extra duties are a delight and not a chore.

(But see Wasdale Parking thread for the dark side; a rollicking from the NT isn't what we were expecting!)

And you do bump into some of the most remarkable people you could ever hope to meet..........
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    I would just like to say a big well done, with out people like you in this sport we love, it would be far far less enjoyably, the encounter's on the fells either supporting our attempting or nothing to the tireless work people like you carry out.
    I am not blowing smoke up your A%&e just making a point known that the effort you and others like you helps make this sport what it is, just good honest fun.
    Every credit to you
    I'll second that big lad, and you will do it one day and i'll be on the last leg with you and buying you a pint and lighting your fag, but i'm not going anywhere near your arse or blowing anything.
    Respect, Morgan, i like your signature, reminds me of an old chinese proverb
    'Be not afraid of moving slowly, only of standing still'
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    And you do bump into some of the most remarkable people you could ever hope to meet..........
    Don't you just
    Hills and Guinness!

Thanks very much for finding that out for me Morgan: much appreciated. It's great to be part of a record-breaking year for the girls!

As Amex and Merrylegs said, huge thanks to you, Brian and the other cornerstones of the club for all your hard work Cheers!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all next autumn.

Best regards,
    Clare

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Every credit to you

And I'll second (third) that too. It's a hell of a sport and the legwork people like yourself do in organising the recording of the BGR and arranging races; the FRA, etc, is all much appreciated. THANK YOU.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Respect, Morgan, i like your signature, reminds me of an old chinese proverb
    'Be not afraid of moving slowly, only of standing still'
    Kind of you Merry.

I borrowed the signature from Martin Like (Likeys). On his Little Fat Welshman site (link from www.likeys.com) he lists some of his favourite sayings, proverbs etc and I liked that one enough to purloin it.

For those of us who prefer to go a little further and inevitably for most of us a little more slowly, it hits the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    And I'll second (third) that too. It's a hell of a sport and the legwork people like yourself do in organising the recording of the BGR and arranging races; the FRA, etc, is all much appreciated. THANK YOU.
    Stop it, you're making me blush!!

I little imagined back in 1985 when I completed that I would end up part of the Club fabric, but when the Chairman collared me at the 2005 dinner (my first in years, I went to support Bob getting his just reward) with a proposal, I couldn't say "No".

I recall beer was involved but agreeing to get involved is not a decision I regret; quite the opposite.

I wrote about my "Bob Graham Fever" in the mag when the Club hit 75 and it isn't going away. Hurray!

See you all on the hill, in the pub or at the next dinner in October 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Don't you just
    I had to call up Mark Hartell, a couple of weeks ago.

Never managed to meet him yet, but what a top man to have a chat with on the phone. Couldn't have been more helpful.

You can't say that about every President............

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    It's great to be part of a record-breaking year for the girls!

As Amex and Merrylegs said, huge thanks to you, Brian and the other cornerstones of the club for all your hard work Cheers!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all next autumn.

Best regards,
    Clare
    Brian did only check back to 2000 but if there is a year with more than 10 female completions I will eat something suitable (I'm talking hats here not I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!)