Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Money or cricket - what to do.

Re: Money or cricket - what to

Take the money and race when you can
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    That is something to keep in mind actually.
    Why don't you ask them in April if you can cut down on the Saturday shift to play cricket? If they refuse, then quit.

It'll cost them a load to train a new member of staff etc so they may relent anyway.

I thought i'd let you all in with a Sainsbury’s secret.

I started my job tonight; it was only an induction night so was learning all the silly health and safety jargon.

But, i picked up a couple of bits of tasty info that i thought some of you might like to know.

First of all – Sainsbury’s brand 'basics' is not basic or crappy at all. It is simply something that doesn’t look top notch so cant go down as being the full price stuff if that makes sense. For example, a Sainsbury’s basics chicken is still an ‘A’ grade chicken but i may not be the right size or shape to be listed as a named brand. So if you buy a basics chicken you are still buying the best chicken available its just that we've all been conned into buying the perfect specimens.

And the other thing i picked up, Sainsbury’s basics cornflakes is exactly the same as Kellogg’s as its made in the same place, just a different box. As is the same with Sainsbury’s own tomato ketchup, its still made by Heinz.

Master and MR

I thought i'd let you all in with a Sainsbury’s secret.

I started my job tonight; it was only an induction night so was learning all the silly health and safety jargon.

But, i picked up a couple of bit of tasty info that i thought some of you might like to know.

First of all – Sainsbury’s brand 'basics' is not basic or crappy at all. It is simply something that doesn’t look top notch so cant go down as being the full price stuff if that makes sense. For example, a Sainsbury’s basics chicken is still an ‘A’ grade chicken but i may not be the right size or shape to be listed as a named brand. So if you buy a basics chicken you are still buying the best chicken available its just that we've all been conned into buying the perfect specimens.

And the other thing i picked up, Sainsbury’s basics cornflakes is exactly the same as Kellogg’s as its made in the same place, just a different box. As is the same with Sainsbury’s own tomato ketchup, its still made by Heinz.
    I think we know that mate but the chicken that you refer to should be banned.
    Ask them to interview the chicke and see what kind of life its lived

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    It was fowl
    Hills and Guinness!

Very true, but with it being 'A' grade that should suggest it hasn’t been crammed in a shed with aritficial light for its whole life with another 28,000 birds?.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Two words for you Al: Rent. Boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup
    it's a heart not a head job
    Our daughter asked yesterday whether it's possible to get a hand job. I should point out she and her mum were discussing plastic surgery. Needless to say I nearly wet myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    That's the difference between a good grade and an average grade. It's all in the detail.....don't you just pity my children
    Im ezakly da same
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Master and MR

Very true, but with it being 'A' grade that should suggest it hasn’t been crammed in a shed with aritficial light for its whole life with another 28,000 birds?.

no that just means its had better food , basically its been eating its self

no that just means its had better food , basically its been eating its self
    I dont think i should ask on Wednesday when i have to go for another induction what the chickens quality of life was like or my manager may taken an instant disliking to me.
    But, are you saying that all chicken has had a bad life?

I think i'll go and make my 'chicken' butties for 2mz now, i dont finish uni 2mz until 5pm and then i have preston harriers training and all that waiting around because of busses so im not guna get home until 11pm 2mz which isnt ideal after leaving the house at 7:45am. But oh well, i'd rather do it than not do it like.....duno how the hell im guna get enough food in across the day to give me energy for the training session as i dont get a break 2mz and they dont allow food during lectures....f'em...im eating me thinks.
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 25-11-2008 at 12:56 AM.

I dont think i should ask on Wednesday when i have to go for another induction what the chickens quality of life was like or my manager may taken an instant disliking to me.
    But, are you saying that all chicken has had a bad life?

I think i'll go and make my 'chicken' butties for 2mz now, i dont finish uni 2mz until 5pm and then i have preston harriers training and all that waiting around because of busses so im not guna get home until 11pm 2mz which isnt ideal after leaving the house at 7:45am. But oh well, i'd rather do it than not do it like.....duno how the hell im guna get enough food in across the day to give me energy for the training session as i dont get a break 2mz and they dont allow food during lectures....f'em...im eating me thinks.
    WHAT????

You're not studying English language then

All very well on a phone but it's sad to see the written word being bastardised constantly IMO

Here endeth the telling off - mybe I shud jst get more with it?!