Page 2920 of 2964 FirstFirst ... 19202420282028702910291829192920292129222930 ... LastLast
Results 29,191 to 29,200 of 29639

Thread: Quiet Around Here

Birthday party Friday
    Stag do Sat
    Cut the grass and short cycle today

Great weekend!!

Super Moderator
    Weekend in Devon - walking everyday plus two shingle runs

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Anyone dun owt this weekend?
    Weekend off the bike, apparently the 50 milers are screwing with my Yin, the 3 pints of ale at the Craven Arms should be offsetting it though...

Started a fresh book on quantum mechanics, had to abandon the other one because i got a bit baffled by tangled heirarchies. Bell's Theorem is doing my head in a bit too, i think i'll just take their word for it- nonlocality is real.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Saturday morning looked after my little 3 year old nephew. Lots of reading, and then hiding in bed from the "elephants and pentagons" which were coming up the stairs apparently (his idea not mine!)

Then the road relays Saturday afternoon.

Sunday morning a big hill session in the gym. Sunday a quick jaunt into Coventry City Centre, picked up a few books from the library....

Boff Whalley's book.... absolutely no offence but I read it start to finish in half a day but it isn't one I'd read again... the writing is great but just isn't my sort of book.

A book about triathlon which is written by a friend and clubmate... more reading it for the novelty value of knowing the author...

Then a Wainwright type guide to the Snowdonia mountains which I hope will give me some inspirational gems for the upcoming UTS race. Haven't started this yet.

All topped off with a healthy dose of Italian football, the finest league in the world. Absolutely fascinating this year. Yet another twist this weekend.

Still quiet around here!? ��

Banned
    Good to have you back Heathens.
    How you doing?

Woah! Hold the press!! The Heathens speaks! Maybe he really is Alex Ferguson who broke cover to trade crocodile smiles with his old mate Wenger! I think we should be told.

Super Moderator
    Me too - are you really Sir Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Anyone dun owt this weekend?
    Supported Bowlanders on the Ingleburger ascent @ the 3 Peaks ..... boiled baby potatoes, bananas, flat coke with a pinch of salt and/or plain old water.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

A day at the hospital for me. Got a lift into Sheffield this morning off a friend that works there then the bus back this afternoon. MrRTS is working away in NI but as it was only talking treatment options I told him to leave me to it.
    I have a skin cancer (BCC) on my face right next to my nose and I've been discussing treatment options since last November. Anyway today it looks like we have finally arrived at an option.
    To be fair they were really good today and had a good look under strong light to check my face and neck. 2 more just starting areas but as they are just surface skin they should be sorted by cream. Doesn't sound very nice stuff though! Then went to have photos taken before heading down into Sheffield to get the bus home.
    It's not malignant as I had a biopsy in February. Not worried or stressed about it, I just wish they would get it done. Looks like 3-4 months before surgery. I will attend in the morning and they keep taking more away while I wait between treatments until they get clear cells. After that the plastic surgeon gets his/her chance to try to fix it. I have asked for a chin tuck and eyebrow lift but not sure that that is an option.
    Now home and enjoying quiet time with the dogs. :-)