Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoe Shops in Sheffield Etc

Shoe Shops in Sheffield Etc

Nothing like a bit of alliteration however you spell it.

My montrail highlanders need replacing but er....yes....montrail have disgraced themselves by discontinuing

Can anyone recommend a shop in or near Sheff where I can try a range of pumps and get good advice?

Thanks

Re: Shoe Shops in Sheffield Et

Quote Originally Posted by The Piglit View Post
    Nothing like a bit of alliteration however you spell it.

My montrail highlanders need replacing but er....yes....montrail have disgraced themselves by discontinuing

Can anyone recommend a shop in or near Sheff where I can try a range of pumps and get good advice?

Thanks
    Try Stuart from Team Accelerate.

tell him I sent you

I get most of my kit from him.

I use Keep on Running, in Attercliffe, good advice, not that cheap, but that's not to important.

I have been using "Keep on Running" in Attercliffe for 15 years. The advice is good, the staff are really sound and helpful. They do not have any of the razzamatazz of running machines and gait tests or a load of over priced shite you get in Meadowhall. They have a small range of fell shoes too. They are good with after sales support and take it seriously if you are not happy. There is also plenty of free parking opposite.

The downside is most shoes are about £5 more than internet prices but I like to make an effort to support their business.

I popped into "up and running" opposite the Cathedral (Protestant not catholic one). They are a bit pricey but have better choice of fell gear including Kamleika gear from OMM. This is quite pricey. Their shop price for a smock is £10 more than their own internet prices, but you can barter them down, that said it was still more than elsewhere by a few quid. The chap in there is really helpful and knows his stuff.

Both these shops are staffed by people who run a lot and at a good standard and don't try and push their own preferences on you.

Keep out of Meadowhall unless you want to blag a free gait test if your knees are getting gammy.

Many thanks for advice recd.
    The first recommendation had the disadvantage of not having a shop (yet)
    Will try Up and Running in town as close to w etc. Went past it the other day. Looked a bit designer wasn't sure what the score was.
    As for prices? Well I won't miss a tenner in a years time but I'll know it if my feet are screwed cos I was being clever and "got a bargain off the net" !!
    Thanks again

Shop in Bradford http://www.sportsshoes.com/ is like a supermarket where everything is on display and you don't have to wait for the assistant to spot that you're a customer - you just try on your size off the shelf - plenty of big sizes (13, 14 etc) and some good deals and reductions. Lots of choice and lots of fell/trail etc. No I'm not a shareholder but I try to get there about once a year to stock up!

keep on running in attercliffe - now do , do gait analysis - google their website - its a tenner, or free if you buy some shoes - i had it for my first pair of road shoes (when i'd been having a tweaky knee)

Yes will have to visit KOR someday but the hours I work and the hours they open are not always a good fit and er talking of which...........
    Went to Meadowhall today got lost in there as usual but went in HE RUNS SHE RUNS just for the hell of it.
    Tried on some Inov 8 mudclaws AWFUL couldn't wait to get em off! Ok so they've got soles like tractor tyres but they BEND are a narrow fit, feel unstable and the uppers are unsupportive and visibly badly made. NO THANKS. Lovely assistants though.
    And then
    Bimbled into SportsDirect for a browse. Amazing, Assistants on stepladders with radios cos the stuff is piled too high but.........spotted some Nike Alvords (never heard of em!) with excellent uppers and studdy sole. Tried em on fitted the trotters a treat as nikes do, Bought em will try em out tomorrow
    Probably not cool in fell terms but if they fit and grip it will be 30 notes well spent.

Master

Also try the Crag X shop at the Foundry climbing centre,think they have some Highlanders.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Try Stuart from Team Accelerate.

tell him I sent you

I get most of my kit from him.
    Just an update on the shoe shop front

Accelerate are opening a shop in a week or so at

The Vault
    Attercliffe Road
    Attercliffe
    Sheffiels
    S9

It's on the corner of Baker Street

When fully opened it will have over 2,000sqft.

I've been to see Debs and Stu this morning and the shop is looking really good, they said you can still order off the internet or they are happy to deal with any one at the shop before the opening if you phone first 0114 2422569

Check out the website for the type of product they sell but most of the locals will know them from events that they attend. Accelerate also run an adventure racing team.

You can also get them on there other number 0845 8620276

Both Stu and Debs are members of Dark Peak Fell runners

good luck guys