Thread: Another newbie!

Another newbie!

Hi all, i'm new to fell running but have been taking part in road running/races for a couple of years now but, due to an issue with my knee i'm desperately looking to get off the road! In fact i'm doing a lot more cross country around my area and i'm enjoying it so much more than the road, feels alot easier on the knees aswel.

I fancy tackling some fell races to see what it's all about (nothing major), i'm a keen hill walker anyway so it would be a change to what i'm normally used to.

I'm based in Cheshire, can anyone reccommend any novice friendly fell running clubs?

Thanks.

Re: Another newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian25 View Post
    Hi all, i'm new to fell running but have been taking part in road running/races for a couple of years now but, due to an issue with my knee i'm desperately looking to get off the road! In fact i'm doing a lot more cross country around my area and i'm enjoying it so much more than the road, feels alot easier on the knees aswel.

I fancy tackling some fell races to see what it's all about (nothing major), i'm a keen hill walker anyway so it would be a change to what i'm normally used to.

I'm based in Cheshire, can anyone reccommend any novice friendly fell running clubs?

Thanks.
    Whereabouts in Cheshire Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Whereabouts in Cheshire Brian?
    I'm based in Northwich.

tho not a fell race, there is a trail race in delamere forest, 4th jan, called the delamere dash

Brian,

Ashurst Beacon Fell Race on the 17th Jan. (Just between Wigan and Skelmersdale). This was my first Fell race last year.

SAT.JAN 17. ASHURST BEACON (R). CS. 12.30 p.m. 5.9m/950' from the Prince William Inn, Dalton, Upholland (GR 502075). £3. Teams free. PM. Over 16. Records: 34.46 N. Leigh 2006; f. 38.11 S.Wilkinson 2001. Details: Andy Quickfall. Tel: 01257 450339. Email: [email protected] (preferred)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian25 View Post
    I'm based in Northwich.
    Not a big club, but there's a few fell people at Helsby. We're in a couple of XC leagues too if that takes your fancy. There's loads of races within say an hour of you - Clwyds, Shropshire, Peaks, W Yorks/E Lancs.