Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember getting into..

Re: Do you remember getting in

Yes i have just had the convo with my sisters about doing racing etc, and they all laughed and said get the first 5 minutes over with first LOL!

So, there was no laughter on your first race, but then again did you train for any of it?

No training what so ever! Still cycle to and from work (30 miles per day). That first race i will never forget Lloyd Taggart Flying down the hill past me with a big grin on his face while i was struggling only half way up. I have been training a little more for the last couple of months but have to be very carefull because of a bad climbing accident eleven years ago. The doctors told me i would never run again after that, two weeks after they took the plasters off i walked up Snowdon! Never under estimate the power of positive thought, but do listen to your body. It's all good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    No training what so ever! Still cycle to and from work (30 miles per day). That first race i will never forget Lloyd Taggart Flying down the hill past me with a big grin on his face while i was struggling only half way up. I have been training a little more for the last couple of months but have to be very carefull because of a bad climbing accident eleven years ago. The doctors told me i would never run again after that, two weeks after they took the plasters off i walked up Snowdon! Never under estimate the power of positive thought, but do listen to your body. It's all good fun!
    Sorry to hear about the back injury, having a hip injury i can very well sympathise with that, i like that saying you have added...

Never under estimate the power of positive thought!

Many thanks Skennaugh x

It wasn't a back injury, my love. I broke 3 bones in my left ankle and two in my right, Fractured both Calcaneous (heel) and lots of soft tissue damage. It was a 40ft fall onto limestone, all gear ripped out and i landed on my hands and feet facing up at the sky. I still climb, love to cycle, run and fly big kites.
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice

it Wasn't A Back Injury, My Love. I Broke 3 Bones In My Left Ankle And Two In My Right, Fractured Both Calcaneous (heel) And Lots Of Soft Tissue Damage. It Was A 40ft Fall Onto Limestone, All Gear Ripped Out And I Landed On My Hands And Feet Facing Up At The Sky. I Still Climb, Love To Cycle, Run And Fly Big Kites.
    Ouch!

It wasn't a back injury, my love. I broke 3 bones in my left ankle and two in my right, Fractured both Calcaneous (heel) and lots of soft tissue damage. It was a 40ft fall onto limestone, all gear ripped out and i landed on my hands and feet facing up at the sky. I still climb, love to cycle, run and fly big kites.
    Oh god, sorry i got mixed up, but blimey that is seriously one horrible injury, painful too, glad you kept going!

Home at last! I don't remember any pain, I cried lots when the doc finally convinced me i wouldn't run the maraton a month later! The worst bit of the day was after my mates had carried me to the landrover at the top of the cliff they put me down in a huge pile of dog shit! Took ages to get my climbing shoes off, there was no way anyone was cutting them off!
    My island is very nice

Id be more upset with the dog shit LOL!

Bouncing a bit here, excuse spelling please! The poop bothered me lots, but they all laughed while i struggled to get my new sportivas off my feet. Got revenge when one of those same friends fell at Giggleswick (Think it was called sweet Gean Vincent ) He had no protection to pop, reached round a nice overhang and just dropped! I told him they would cut his pants and top off ( he was wearing a Buffalo shirt at the time )! Found out later he broke three ribs! We were telling him jokes for weeks to make him laugh! Stuff happens, sympathy isn't always the best course, hows your hip?
    My island is very nice

Buffalo shirt means something special LOL soz only joking, is he okay now?

Hip is fine now Thanks, was on crutches for what seemed like years, but generally on and off in 2 years, had lots of physio, the hip injury wasn't the worse one, i now have acute hearing, caused by a blow to the head from the car going around and around before it stopped! acute hearing is called hyperacusis, muscians can get it, people who go to concerts also can, its a damage to the auditory nerve in the middle ear.

So make a great spy when people are whispering!!!