Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Supply of clean air to breathe

Re: Supply of clean air to bre

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    No irony on my part i mean what i say and consider all my actions but of course i do not live in a cave and i have to also consider my family, therefore not every action i take is the one i would choose.

However things like using the car for journeys of less than 3 miles with single occupancy i would not do as i have a perfectly good bike and limbs, that is just an example.

Our holidays are taken in this country because i see no need to deliver the pollution straight into the atmosphere.

I could go on but if you read the thread back a lot of angles have already been covered.

Incidentally, cavity wall insulation... it's true what they say... it makes a big difference.

And contrary to Chris`s remark that this thread has nothing to do with Fell Running i think that the collective thoughtless actions of mankind and the changing climate (which is partly natural evolution of the planet but is currently being adversely affected by our actions) ultimately affects the very ground that we run over, the water we drink,the food we eat etc etc

I couldn't agree more. Everything we do has some degree of environmental impact and whilst some actions may be compromised by practicalities and family, we need collectively to address these issues as a matter of urgency...
    it's just not very popular to ask / tell people to be more modest in their comforts, convenience and material gain. It can't just be swept under the carpet, although there are graver areas of human negligence than fell running.

Incidentally, cavity wall insulation... it's true what the vendors say... it does make a difference; worth every penny.

Surely the FRA Committee should be setting an example here – they all seem to drive around in gas-guzzling campervans nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Thug View Post
    Surely the FRA Committee should be setting an example here – they all seem to drive around in gas-guzzling campervans nowadays.
    Nobody told me I should have a camper van . Anyone want to buy my old Vectra so I can join the campervan society?
    A circular route mostly downhill

Chris

I see this non fellrunning thread has descended into farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I see this non fellrunning thread has descended into farce.
    If that's the case, it's a sad reflection upon your sense of humour ...

Chris

Never mind. No-one had posted on the thread for a while so I kept it going against my better judgement.

I have a bit of an axe to grind about this environment issue because I truly believe that we beat ourselves up about it too much.

If you don't think we are more sinned against than sinning, take a run over Scout Moor, which is my prime training ground - or it would be if if it didn't upset me as much.

My issue is with windfarms, motor bikes and fell people without a sense of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph Hooker View Post
    If that's the case, it's a sad reflection upon your sense of humour ...

With you on all of that Chris. Don't forget though, that amongst our brethren there are thoughtless tykes who don't care about damaging walls, leaving gates open, dropping litter, barging into walkers etc etc. I blame the parents!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Chris

Nice one Wheeze.

Dropping litter is a fell running issue. The culprits should be ashamed.

So is erosion on the fells a fell running issue. Sounds like there wasn't much at Pen y Fan today.

These are fell running issues. The rest is about politics and it is shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    With you on all of that Chris. Don't forget though, that amongst our brethren there are thoughtless tykes who don't care about damaging walls, leaving gates open, dropping litter, barging into walkers etc etc. I blame the parents!!

What does the Thugmobile run on? Solar power - or hot air?
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.