Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ovenden Fell Race

Re: Ovenden Fell Race

Im having an outing for this one-see you there.
    Still too heavy to run

Done this one for the last couple of years, its a good little race. Can't make it this year cos I'm still recovering from man flu.
    Suprised to see Brummy John interested in this, didnt think the boys in black ventured out of the borough of Rochdale these days

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

enjoyed this, lack of fitness showed and my ankles hurt a lot so I don't think the big come back will be just yet, didn't see anyone else though, were you all hiding again?

Thumbs up Re: Ovenden Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    enjoyed this, lack of fitness showed and my ankles hurt a lot so I don't think the big come back will be just yet, didn't see anyone else though, were you all hiding again?
    Saw you at start and you were already back when I finished, just got my breath back and you'd gone. Did you have a multicoloured hat on?

It was hard on the ankles with all that ice and frozen mud. Also a tricky finish with all the loose rocks eh. What a nice route, some stunning scenery.
    Think I managed just under 1:15 which is good for me so I'm chuffed.
    why do we do?:wink:
    http://williamtitley.org

I suspect that was me, there was only 2 Kcac runners out and the other one wore a cag over his vest. Must be slowing up if I was still around when you finsihed

See you on monday at Ilkley moor race, less you are doing the cyclocross at Tod tomorrow.

I was there as well as the sole Valley Strider representative. I think I know who you are now AS. Will come say hi on Monday evening.

Was a bit brutal underfoot today! Far too hard for fell shoes and injured foot and my lack of actual training meant an under par performance.

Suppose its good to get the shockers out the way early on in the year?

Talking Re: Ovenden Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    I suspect that was me, there was only 2 Kcac runners out and the other one wore a cag over his vest. Must be slowing up if I was still around when you finsihed

See you on monday at Ilkley moor race, less you are doing the cyclocross at Tod tomorrow.
    Well you did have an excuse before we started eh?
    Although you didnt look like you'd just finished. Most were coughing the festive spirit back up eh.

Not sure about monday, we'll see.
    why do we do?:wink:
    http://williamtitley.org

Smile Re: Ovenden Fell Race

Loved this though was a hard course straight after the Auld lang Syne. I thought that it would be easier with all the mud frozen hard but that just created other problems - I was like Bambi with brand new legs unable to stay upright!

Did it in 1hr 17mins which was okay - just need to work on that down hill on rocky, loose terrain to get better at this one.

Good race - very well organised - thanks Allan!!
    Why not run in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    I was there as well as the sole Valley Strider representative. I think I know who you are now AS. Will come say hi on Monday evening.

Was a bit brutal underfoot today! Far too hard for fell shoes and injured foot and my lack of actual training meant an under par performance.

Suppose its good to get the shockers out the way early on in the year?
    I think we must be twins seperated at birth given we have the same injury issues, I now have stabbing pains up my ankles when I walk, it was fun taking the dogs out just now.

I intend to be there on monday see how it goes, am cyclo crossing tommorrow, this is part of my plan to gently ease back into racing and training after 5 low milege and minimal racing in order to cure my injuries

Gutted, found out this morning that there is a reservoir called Ogden reservoir just outside of Blackburn, unforunately i discovered this because i spent most of this morning driving round it trying to find the fell race, hence my no show at the race at ogden reservoir, just off from the A629, gutted, gutted , gutted