Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive headtorch post

Re: Head Torch...I know I know

Good to see you last night calf, same again next wednesday?

disco stan

What headtorch?

I'm after buying a new headtorch, needed for Bob Graham support.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Re: What headtorch?

Myo xp (I think that's what its called) seems a very popular choice. Certainly pleased with mine. 40-50 quid I think.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

i got a princeton tec apex of ebay from usa, cost about £40 totally and is very good, really suprised when used it, a lot better than my petzl myo

disco stan

Thanks lads. Do the batteries last a while and have they got a good beam?

david

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Myo xp (I think that's what its called) seems a very popular choice. Certainly pleased with mine. 40-50 quid I think.
    I'm very pleased with my Myo XP too. When I was looking at these last winter I found the Petzl range a bit confusing but the Myo XP was very different and much more powerful than others in the Myo range at the time. I got mine from Simply Hike.

david

Quote Originally Posted by disco stan View Post
    Thanks lads. Do the batteries last a while and have they got a good beam?
    I used my Myo XP quite a lot last winter and never changed the batteries. Petzl claim up to 170 hours life from 3 AA batteries. I would say the beam is good for about 30-40 yards.

just completed an adventure race at the weekend and the first stage was a score event from midnight till daylight around and over ingleborough. As it was pitch black, chucking it down and the fog set in my petzl zipka really was not enough to do anything apart from light the floor 1 metre in front of me. Needless to say I got lost.

How is the beam on the Myo XP? Can it be good for navigation in terrible weather or just for running over familiar terrain?

I heard the princeton tec apex is a great comparison to the Myo along with the Silva L1. Has anyone tried these as well?

Sorry to slightly hijack kinda same topic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    just completed an adventure race at the weekend and the first stage was a score event from midnight till daylight around and over ingleborough. As it was pitch black, chucking it down and the fog set in my petzl zipka really was not enough to do anything apart from light the floor 1 metre in front of me. Needless to say I got lost.

How is the beam on the Myo XP? Can it be good for navigation in terrible weather or just for running over familiar terrain?

I heard the princeton tec apex is a great comparison to the Myo along with the Silva L1. Has anyone tried these as well?

Sorry to slightly hijack kinda same topic :-)

Myo Xp for me, Was a bit worried when I bought it as it was very expensive (I thought) Still on original batteries, Used it on the Night section on my recent BG attempt in thick clag and heavy rain, use it for other night runs and for MR work.

It has different strength spot beams and a diffuser for general work. Also has a boost button for extra light for short periods.

Can't fault it, brilliant.

Ian

Agree re the Myo XP,

I use it all the time. I used it for my ML night nav which is quite tricky so you want a good torch.

I've got no complaints and at the price I think it's hard to beat, however the S1 ata bit more is excellent, any Myo XP runner who has ran next to someone with an S1 will have seen the difference, but that is not to say the Myo XP isn't suitable for night running or night nav work.