Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moley's adventures -Down Under

Moley's adventures -Down Under

Just come home from work early with the dreaded lurgy, but by Sunday night (GMT) I should be knocking back bubbly wine in Brisbane , if I don't expire from this bug in the meantime.

I shall attempt to post updates on here (when I scrounge access to a 'puter), of the Missus and my adventures over the next 2 months. We have a 7 day wilderness trek in Tasmania - carrying everything , and later a few weeks in New Zealand to play, on and over their mountains.

Boy, am I looking forward to feeling good again and enjoying some warmth on my back; but will also miss the winter over here. As I type it's a glorious sunny and frosty day out, and I'm sitting inside drinking Lemsip , wishing I was out running.

Best pack the last of my running gear, will be back in March. Moley.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Re: Moley's adventures -Down U

Oooh, Ooooh, can I be your bag-boy, Mr Moley purleeeeease!
    You lucky dap! Do you realise that, by the time you get home, Toffer will be almost mended?? That's a VERY long time to be away.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Moley is down and out for the count, wrapped in a blanket of Olbas Oil Vapour, trying to get fit for a long haul on Saturday. Not the start we had envisioned for our Big Trip, but we will get there.
    Quick question? Is it worth getting DVT pressure stockings/socks? Or does general fitness out weigh any dangers of thrombosis on long haul? Can't see me getting Moley to put them on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Missus View Post
    Moley is down and out for the count, wrapped in a blanket of Olbas Oil Vapour, trying to get fit for a long haul on Saturday. Not the start we had envisioned for our Big Trip, but we will get there.
    Quick question? Is it worth getting DVT pressure stockings/socks? Or does general fitness out weigh any dangers of thrombosis on long haul? Can't see me getting Moley to put them on anyway.
    I would recommend them...they look really sexy too!
    Hope the bugs are gone by Saturday...have a wonderful time!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

I'll get some at Heathrow then, guess you can't be too careful.

Yes, we use them at work (operating theatres) for most patients.
    I wore them for my Nepal/Tibet flight and they really are good at stopping the swelling in calves and feet.
    One of my friends, who does alot of walking and running has just suffered a DVT, so I don't think general fitness is a cure! He is now on Warfarin for the rest of his life.
    Worth taking precautions I think.
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

yep, get some, take an aspirin(unless allergic), walk about a lot and have great trip. I should be walking properly by the time you get back!

Moley & The Missus - sounds like the adventure of a lifetime, so envious of you both. Make sure that you keep us posted as to where you've got to, and then we'll look forward to the stories on your return, hopefully lurgy free by then and fit as can be!

Sorry Wheeze, I'd already offered services as porter/general go-fer for the happy couple but for some reason they didn't jump at the offer!!

And while I'm at it - Happy New Year to all - especially Toffer, keep up the rehab stuff - and lets make this a summer to remember!!

Missus, just threaten Moley with an enforced midnight run of over Moel Ysgyfarnogod if he refuses to put on his stockings like a good boy...oh, and be sure to get us a piccie for the Forum Hall Of Shame!!

Have a grrrrreat time!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Yes indeed.....have a greeeeeaaat time Moley.....don't forget our updates now