Some photos from yesterday's TWA here

Re: Twa

Teenager Results are here

Anniversary and Wa!! results are up there too

Thanks everyone for coming out to play on our Anniversary

Wynn and Steve
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Thanks very much for the race, it was superb! So much so, it looks like I ran it twice, you've got me (Paul Elliott) finishing in 71st as well as the 50th I really finished in.

Ta again, I'm already hoping to be back next year!

After some complicated deductions based on my other half's Anni Waltz time, we suspect that Mark Graham of CFR was 71st in TWA
    He frequents the forum so will probably be along to confirm this himself...

Thanks - results have been updated

Wynn and Steve
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

I had a great weekend in Buttermere and I can definitely recommend 'Haystacks' as the session beer of choice in the Fish Inn especially when you are looking at the real Haystacks from the beer garden :thumbup: Considering the weather on Sunday in the valley we definitely got the right day for the race. I stopped and took a look at that drop off Whiteless Pike from Newlands Hause on the way back and it looks a lot steeper than when you are actually doing it .

Thanks Wynn and Steve.
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    After some complicated deductions based on my other half's Anni Waltz time, we suspect that Mark Graham of CFR was 71st in TWA
    He frequents the forum so will probably be along to confirm this himself...
    Thanks Dave, that was me.
    Thanks for updating that Wynn and thanks to you and Steve and all others involved for another great day.

Mark

Having been involved with marshalling at the AW then TWA for something like 10 years, it's become something of a standing joke. Usually a great day for the races. The "marshals' run" the following day nearly always results in a thorough soaking. This year we pottered from Newland's Hause, Knott Rigg, Ard Crags, Sail Beck / Rigg Beck col, contoured above NW bank of Sail Beck to Whiteless Breast, across Sail Beck up to Newland's Hause.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I had a great weekend in Buttermere and I can definitely recommend 'Haystacks' as the session beer of choice in the Fish Inn especially when you are looking at the real Haystacks from the beer garden :thumbup: Considering the weather on Sunday in the valley we definitely got the right day for the race. I stopped and took a look at that drop off Whiteless Pike from Newlands Hause on the way back and it looks a lot steeper than when you are actually doing it .

Thanks Wynn and Steve.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Well Reverend, I felt for you marshals as I was going round. It was deceptively cold on some of those checkpoints. The marshaling at the race helps make it the great event that it is; it's a great atmosphere. And we runners also sucked the best weather out of the weekend leaving little for your Sunday run. Apologies.
    It's a bad plan if it can't be changed

*bump*

I had a lovely TwA recci today in the traditional blazing lakeland sun.

being 2020, i’ve just had a little compare of my lines on Strava with those taken in previous races. Looks like I did a fine job, except for my line between outerside and coledale hause (and except for not realising high snockrigg was a checkpoint )

To my eyes, the *obvious* route is to stay as high as possible, hugging the base of eel crag, and moving quickly across the top of the screes there. However almost everyone in the 2017 race dropped a lot lower to pick up the good path to the hause eariler. I say "almost" everyone, because the sole exception I can spot is Paul Tierney, who obviously knows a thing or two about moving from A to B quickly in the hills.

Any views in here about which is the better line?
    Last edited by skipchris; 01-09-2020 at 08:37 PM. Reason: fix countless typos