Thread: Pain in the foot?

Peroneal Tendon?

Been to physio today and was told my foot injury is the Peroneal tendon in my left foot.

Has anyone else had similar pains? Tales of recovery, things that helped them etc etc.

I do have some advice from the physio which I will follow, but be nice to get other peoples first hand experience.
    Last edited by AJF; 08-01-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: further info on injury

Re: Pain in the foot?

bumpety bump, changed earlier post completely as now been to physio and have more info on injury

Answering your own posts is a bit scary Tony. good luck with your foot, mine comes and goes...The injury not the foot! doesn't seem to bother me when I'm running although I've been wearing footbeds to give them more support.

Just read your Blog and feel I have to comment on the ...

"The route followed the Derwent Watershed and goes round the Dark Peak anti-clockwise, starting and finishing in Edale. Taking in the worst the area has to offer. Peat bogs for mile upon mile of dark peak terrain."

Some would say the best...

some would say the best, but I reckon they will be in the minority.

Cut Gate round the top is unpleasant, but thats kind of the twisted attraction.

Glad yours is getting better. Sounds like your at the back end of it.

Re: Peroneal Tendon?

Hi AJF - I inflammed the same tendon in my left foot after a half marathon. The only way I got it to settle down was to frequently ice my foot in a washing up bowl with lots of ice! I also found that icing my calf helped as the tendon runs up the ouside of your ankle and into your calf.

Hope this helps.
    Tom.

Re: Peroneal Tendon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
    Hi AJF - I inflammed the same tendon in my left foot after a half marathon. The only way I got it to settle down was to frequently ice my foot in a washing up bowl with lots of ice! I also found that icing my calf helped as the tendon runs up the ouside of your ankle and into your calf.

Hope this helps.
    Tom.
    Tom, was yours the peroneal tendons as well?

I will try that! I have iced but the ice in a bucket thing will be a lot colder than my pound shop sports ice packs, which feel luke warm at best.

I probably need to go further up my leg as well. I tend to just do the bottom bit actually below the bone.

How long did it take to get rid of pain for you? Did you change your shoes as well?
    Last edited by AJF; 10-03-2009 at 04:47 PM.

I don't know where the peroneal tendon is, but when I have trouble with a tendon, I find that it helps to warm it, then cool it. I usually use an infrared light, then put my foot in cold water and repeat this process several times. But I guess you could also use a bucket of cold water and another with warm water. Some people also recommend doing exercises so that you (carefully) move the tendon, but I find that the hot-cold method works best.

It would seem I have been struck down with this too. Intensely painful outer edge of right foot going round onto the bony projection on outside of foot. No pain on ankle tho, also felt like there was a twig or something in the bottom of my shoe running yesterday, kept taking my shoe off to see but nothing was there. I thought it might be the dreaded PF but no pain this morning also symtoms are relieved if i walk round barefoot, Currently icing 15 mins everyhour though just walked down to shop and its as intense as ever. THis sound familiar, realy annoyed just beginning to focus alot of my time on running and its miserable weather to get the bike out.............