Thread: Pain in thigh?

Pain in thigh?

Anyone had a pain in the inner thigh? Local pain about 8-10 inches up from top of knee cap right on the muscle. Noticed it running downhill a week or so ago. Have run 3-4 times since and now it's very sore, especially walking up stairs. Anyone had similar - can't find much online.
    I think I'm going to have to spend more money at physio, alas.
    Cheers.

Re: Pain in thigh?

upper inner thigh = adductor muscles (ie responsible for pulling thigh inwards). Bit low for a hernia and I doubt you've got varicose veins. If its more front than inner, could also be a quads injury. eConsultation is difficult.

Probably therefore an adductor strain, often made worse when walking downstairs. Soft tissue injuries can take several months to recover and physio is sensible to firstly get the diagnosis confirmed and secondly get some practical advice and relevant exercises to aid healing and recovery. (or directed elsewhere)

Hope is heals

Re: Pain in thigh?

Quote Originally Posted by KinderSurprise View Post
    upper inner thigh = adductor muscles (ie responsible for pulling thigh inwards). Bit low for a hernia and I doubt you've got varicose veins. If its more front than inner, could also be a quads injury. eConsultation is difficult.

Probably therefore an adductor strain, often made worse when walking downstairs. Soft tissue injuries can take several months to recover and physio is sensible to firstly get the diagnosis confirmed and secondly get some practical advice and relevant exercises to aid healing and recovery. (or directed elsewhere)

Hope is heals
    Thanks for the posting. Have booked app. to see physio on Monday so I'll find out the extent of the problem then. Few months sounds intolerable esp as cycling is too painful. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as all that.