Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Edale recce Sunday March 1st

Re: Edale recce Sunday March 1

Great weather views and company, thanks to Emmi & IDP for organising and route hints.

Once my knee has recovered I think I might be looking foward to the race

There were hundreds of you!

I was going to try to come along, but had to start earlier to get home for family stuff. I managed a quick hello at the top of Jacob's Ladder but was running late after a slight, ahem, detour round the Wool Packs so I couldn't stop.

You must have taken a very sneaky route across Brown Knoll - I expected a herd of footprints but hardly saw any

Great pictures!

See you in less than 4 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by marty mcfly View Post
    You must have taken a very sneaky route across Brown Knoll - I expected a herd of footprints but hardly saw any
    There's a grassy/boggy stretch to the left of Brown knoll as you approach it on the race route and we split across this and Brown Knoll direct line route.

The legs are a bit heavy this morning. I think Noonstone + Edale Recce have
    taken their toll on this old git. Still must have done me some good ... but glad I took the shortened route otherwise I might not have got out of bed this morning.

enjoyed the flapjack more than the run, struggled esp with last bit up win hill?

Master and MR

A good recce indeed
    Not exactly the lines id taken but we all go different ways.

Nice that some joined me for the down and up and i think they enjoyed it.

We met some of Ian DPs rescue mates on the path back to Edale as we started the climb. Think Ian said they were dog training.
    Didnt really miss the climb to Win Hill as ive done it loads of times. It really is a good circular route to run is this one.

The main thing on the race is really dont go mad at the start. Its a long long way to Brown Knoll from mam tor when your tired.
    Tip from me is if you cant run Lose Hill eat as much as possible whilst your going up it. To many people leave it till Mam Nick until they eat and then its too late for the trudge to the knoll.

Oh and dont leave your f/..,..,,n gel wrappers out.

Talking Re: Edale recce Sunday March 1

Quote Originally Posted by daz h;202989

The main thing on the race is really dont go mad at the start. Its a long long way to Brown Knoll from mam tor when your tired.
    Tip from me is if you cant run Lose Hill eat as much as possible whilst your going up it.[I
    To many people leave it till Mam Nick until they eat and then its too late for the trudge to the knoll.[/I]

Thanks for the tips Daz, I cant do much running uphill so will eat my way up loose hill.
    Yes, I did enjoy the down and up but will stick to skyline on raceday, need to save plenty for the later trudge eh.
    why do we do?:wink:
    http://williamtitley.org

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    A good recce indeed
    Not exactly the lines id taken but we all go different ways.

We met some of Ian DPs rescue mates on the path back to Edale as we started the climb. Think Ian said they were dog training.
    Didnt really miss the climb to Win Hill as ive done it loads of times. It really is a good circular route to run is this one.

Tip from me is if you cant run Lose Hill eat as much as possible whilst your going up it. To many people leave it till Mam Nick until they eat and then its too late for the trudge to the knoll.

Yes - "down and up" good fun. The descent is quite kind. Suspect after 19 miles I'll be staying high, but I'll decide on the day.

4 of us split from the IDP splinter group and approached Lose Hill from Hope as the weather became sunny. Think we found it a good experience, though there's not much a recce can add to the race route that isn't already apparent. Are we still Namby Pamby though? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by KinderSurprise View Post
    Are we still Namby Pamby though? Probably.
    I was only joking. Its a great run up to Win Hill though and also the descent down to Hope and, not getting down to the peak district much, I'm glad I went all the way round. I don't really recce to suss out the route especially but more to just do it!

Hi Folks,

Great to be out with like minded souls (and dogs) on Sunday hope to meet you all again soon.

Found out last night I had some diary dates mixed up so I could have entered the race after all - shame that

Thanks Em for co-ordinating and IDP for the guiding. Ian the beer is damn good - sorely regretting giving half of the case to me Dad

My best wishes for race day folks,

Stu
    Grit Britain Team

Quote Originally Posted by Grit Britain View Post
    Hi Folks,

Great to be out with like minded souls (and dogs) on Sunday hope to meet you all again soon.

Found out last night I had some diary dates mixed up so I could have entered the race after all - shame that

Thanks Em for co-ordinating and IDP for the guiding. Ian the beer is damn good - sorely regretting giving half of the case to me Dad

My best wishes for race day folks,

Stu
    Thanks for all the thanks I enjoyed the day out. Does any one fancy a tour of the upper Don and Upper Derwent valleys some time probably take around 5-6 hours

I'll try and bring more Rescue Ale to the HPM if any one is interested.

Ian