Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners' Meets?

Beginners' Meets?

Just an idea really. Like a few of us who haven't done very much (especially raced) could get together and some more experienced bods could come along and laugh at/encourage/abandon/advise us....but not necessarily in that order.

Sometime in the spring?

Er................what does anyone else..................think?

Start and finish near a.....................pub?
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist

Re: Beginners' Meets?

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by The Piglit View Post
    Just an idea really. Like a few of us who haven't done very much (especially raced) could get together and some more experienced bods could come along and laugh at/encourage/abandon/advise us....but not necessarily in that order.

Sometime in the spring?

Er................what does anyone else..................think?

Start and finish near a.....................pub?
    Sounds like you should of come on 'Xmas on the Fells'.

I was thinking a year is a long time to wait until next christmas so you've got a good idea there.

Spring or Summer sounds good to me, gives me time to get rid of the tonsils, if i cannot get rid of the tonsilitus! also enough time to get fit.

Pilgrim is a good one to run with, he doesn't laugh! he might laugh when he got home, but i thought as a runner he would be a good one to be a mentor for beginner runners.

Good idea Piglet. Recce's are pretty much like this though - just tag along to a couple or are you thinking of something different

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    Spring or Summer sounds good to me, gives me time to get rid of the tonsils, if i cannot get rid of the tonsilitus! also enough time to get fit.

Pilgrim is a good one to run with, he doesn't laugh! he might laugh when he got home, but i thought as a runner he would be a good one to be a mentor for beginner runners.
    Think I'd probably be one of the beginners!

Not done any racing - just like to get out into the countryside and enjoy my own company! (translation: I'm too slow!) Going to work on my speed and try some racing later in the year when I'm not so busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Think I'd probably be one of the beginners!

Not done any racing - just like to get out into the countryside and enjoy my own company! (translation: I'm too slow!) Going to work on my speed and try some racing later in the year when I'm not so busy.
    Your'll never make new friends if you stick to the countryside on your bill!

But you would be a good mentor for a beginners fell walk/run!!!

This is what i like about fell running, slow runners don't get laughed at, and why should they, they're putting the effort in and are out there longer than the fast folk. Remember a roadie once telling me 'You see these people running along at 10min/miles, why do they bother' Never said a word, just walked away and thought knobhead. Nobody should ever be discouraged from having a go, and everyone should be encouraged to keep going
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    This is what i like about fell running, slow runners don't get laughed at, and why should they, they're putting the effort in and are out there longer than the fast folk. Remember a roadie once telling me 'You see these people running along at 10min/miles, why do they bother' Never said a word, just walked away and thought knobhead. Nobody should ever be discouraged from having a go, and everyone should be encouraged to keep going

Awww ML, that is really nice and very much inspirational! thank you! x

Awww ML, that is really nice and very much inspirational! thank you! x
    Nirvana - You will be suprised of the number who arent the best or fastest runners in the world but they are out in force in the masses!