Thread: Can i please have some advice?

Unhappy Can i please have some advice?

Thank you for the advice
    Last edited by NirvanaBliss; 20-01-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Re: Can i please have some adv

well, unfortunatley, nice people always get shit on there's a lesson for you, dont lend again unless you are 100% sure about the person. This person you lent to knows you are nice and generous, thats why they asked you, and they are ignoring you because they probably think you will just give up and let it go.
    Let your friend go to see them, no threats or confrontation, just politeley ask, if there is no joy, call the police, ask for their advice. Dont worry about the kids of the person, as long as no one goes around there guns blazing and causing upset in front of them.
    Sometimes hun, you have to think about yourself, and that's what you should do on this occaision. A tenner i would probably let go, but half your wages!!
    good luck
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    well, unfortunatley, nice people always get shit on there's a lesson for you, dont lend again unless you are 100% sure about the person. This person you lent to knows you are nice and generous, thats why they asked you, and they are ignoring you because they probably think you will just give up and let it go.
    Let your friend go to see them, no threats or confrontation, just politeley ask, if there is no joy, call the police, ask for their advice. Dont worry about the kids of the person, as long as no one goes around there guns blazing and causing upset in front of them.
    Sometimes hun, you have to think about yourself, and that's what you should do on this occaision. A tenner i would probably let go, but half your wages!!
    good luck
    NB, I truly feel for you. In all your posts you certainly come across as a very pleasant warm hearted person that has had more than their fair share of ups and downs over the last few years. As this is a civil, not a criminal matter, I do not think that you will generate much interest from the police. It was an agreement between you and your 'friend' and sadly an oral agreement at that, not a written one. If you allow your other friend to go round and demand repayment, then the police might take an interest if his behaviour is anything less than impeccable - demanding money with menaces, breach of the peace, threatening behaviour etc.
    Go out of your way to 'bump into' this person and politely impress upon them how you as a true friend made a sacrifice to help them out, but how they are not honouring your agreement and are being anything but a true friend to you.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

NB Don't know what's a gwan - first post has no detail now, but looking at the responses I can kind of pick it up.

If you get no joy from this person and you do look to pursue civil action, look into some form of alternative dispute resolution first. E.g. mediation. CAB should be able to give you some tips, but if you do go to court, the judge will count it in your favour if you've at least tried to do this. There are some mediation organisations out there who can intervene for free and will get you both together and try to sort it all out. If nothing, then court.

Do you have legal expenses on your home insurance? If so this might cover any costs you might incur on a legal case. If you do speak to your insurer's legal advice line if they've got one to get a view on it.

Other than that, good luck!!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

I am lost is the first post missing or is it a midsommer murders mystery you have to solve ? No offence intended

I deleted the post, because i got the reply i needed when i added the post, thanks again x