Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Carding Mill Canter

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    race still seems to be going ahead, parking is at Church Stretton school, NOT in the Carding Mill Valley.
    Current conditions:
    http://myndcam.com/
    (wind chill of -13!)
    Thanks Dave
    Currently zero visibility and -16 wind chill with gusts of up to 40mph. Ideal fell running conditions!
    May need a windproof....
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

zero visibility -16 wind chill with gusts of up to 40mph
    shorts weather!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

a message from the RO:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE CARDING MILL CANTER
    We will be attempting to run the CMC this Saturday at 2pm. Registration will open at around 12.30pm and the CMV NT café – entry is £5
    Parking is at the Church Stretton School (front car park)
    You MUST carry a map and compass – a limited supply of maps will be available at registration for a minimum of £1 donation to our nominated charity.

THE NEXT BIT IS IMPORTANT and SERIOUS…
    You MUST carry full mandatory kit – this is the bare minimum and carrying an additional layer and/or space blanket is strongly recommended in the circumstances. There will be stringent kit checks and failure to comply with the FRA mandatory kit rule will result in immediate disqualification. For the sake of those who might put themselves in harms way helping you off the hill and to ensure these events can continue, please comply with this rule.

THIS IS NOT a race for FIRST TIME FELL RACERS or those without experience of running in sub-zero winter conditions.
    Based on the current weather forecast and the exceptional circumstances this creates, we will have to enforce a cut-off in CMV for runners who are failing to make rapid enough progress. Although I state this with some reluctance, the safety and well being of marshals out on the hills takes precedence on this occasion. This won’t be an arbitrary or unreasonable time but will be calculated based on the typical range between lead and the last CLUB runners at a typical summer series race. I will announce this at the start.

MARSHALS AND HELPERS. At time of writing, the weather forecast says that we will have a yellow weather warning in place on Saturday. On that basis you need to know that you have no moral obligation to travel if you feel uncomfortable doing so. Please just let me know in plenty of time if travel conditions mean you can no longer help.
    Everyone else, please be aware that this race could still be subject to modification based on ground conditions, marshal numbers or deteriorating weather conditions.

Okay, that was the serious bit. The good bit is I really look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Saturday because you’ll bring the warmth not to mention the mutually supportive ethos.

Travel safely and see you at the weekend.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

New date 24th March
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

May well be doing this now. I had made other plans for the 24th but if feeling fresh and fit i'll be on the start line.

Not done this for a few years but will hopefully be there on Saturday. Looking forward to my first fell race of 2019
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Not done this for a few years but will hopefully be there on Saturday. Looking forward to my first fell race of 2019
    All being well i'll be there as well. Not done this race before. Vaguely similar stats to the champs race in a couple of weeks, so a good warmup for that!

Haven't done it for a long while but remember it being tough for a AS. Hoping the weather will be as good as last weekend which certainly is in stark contrast to that which we had this time last year!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I've just bought train tickets to Church Stretton for tomorrow.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Say hello Anthony if you see the red & yellow of Coventry, or the obligatory baseball cap...