Page 101 of 209 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2088

Thread: Anniversary Waltz

Re: Anniversary Waltz

I put my number on my shorts... much easier when you want to strip off or put on a layer

And I am starting to think that I probably don't want to do the whole thing, so may just get to Hindscarth and join Al and hhelp him scribble numbers down...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    but make sure you shout out your number worth writing on your hand.

We had a nervous hour or so when we were missing a runner only to find he was in the pub having finished but gave( or was misheard) the wrong number by accident
    Tat is exactly how I lost a runner as well, in the race I organise...

cheers all

*and probably equally daft ...*

how are you judged to have officially 'made' the checkpoint - close enough to it that the marshall can see / hear your number, or is there a more definite thing you have to do? Like tweak the marshall's nose?

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    cheers all

*and probably equally daft ...*

how are you judged to have officially 'made' the checkpoint - close enough to it that the marshall can see / hear your number, or is there a more definite thing you have to do? Like tweak the marshall's nose?
    yes
    do that
    they love that

[I always unzip my number so the marshals can see it, mainly cos I haven't a hope in heck of remembering it to shout out]

Make sure you tweak Al's nose. I may punch you. Now on Robinson. Hopefully by saturday, I'll be looking after the bar

heh, I quite like the idea - marshalls would have to start wearing specially-made nose-protectors, like facial codpieces.

but, er seriously, I read somewhere that for some races you have a counter for each checkpoint that you lob into a bucket, or summat like that ...

(an opportunity perhaps to wind me up by assuring me that yes, each entrant must bring five large plastic quoits, a bit like the ones you get given by fitting room attendants at Gap)

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    heh, I quite like the idea - marshalls would have to start wearing specially-made nose-protectors, like facial codpieces.

but, er seriously, I read somewhere that for some races you have a counter for each checkpoint that you lob into a bucket, or summat like that ...

(an opportunity perhaps to wind me up by assuring me that yes, each entrant must bring five large plastic quoits, a bit like the ones you get given by fitting room attendants at Gap)
    It's not a plastic quoit - it's actually a jam doughnut Someone has to keep those marshalls noursished.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juicer View Post
    Hmmm, got a bit demoralised myself when reccying the best way off Dale Head. They all seem really horrid!

Anyway, in a last bid attempt deciding whether to do the race or not, can you tell me what the cut off is at the top of Robinson. Can't find it mentioned on the website.

Ta
    I suspect you'd be fine. Looking at the results from the last couple of years you wouldn't be the slowest person to have got around in that time.
    Talk to someone in the club if you're around on Wednesday (I'm not), there are any number of people who have done the route any number of times. Certainly there seem to be a few little tweaks to the route that may make it a bit quicker, (quickest way up Robinson, THAT descent off Dale Head, etc.A few yards one way or another seem to make a difference). Both are a bit difficult to explain on here.
    The only slight consideration may be that you'd probably have to know the route and not rely on being able to see lots of other people, but it sounds as though you've recc'ed it and know which way to hold a map, so should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    Make sure you tweak Al's nose. I may punch you. Now on Robinson. Hopefully by saturday, I'll be looking after the bar
    Even better, looks like I have to attempt to run even less to get to your checkpoint and bail out... AND there will be a bar

I think I will get my wine platypus out for the occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Even better, looks like I have to attempt to run even less to get to your checkpoint and bail out... AND there will be a bar

I think I will get my wine platypus out for the occasion
    If you get there before me, order me a guiness please?