Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Stupid Thing

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Today's Stupid Thing

So I get halfway to Leek for a meeting when I realise in my haste to leave the house I didn't chuck my work shoes in the car. So I face the prospect of meeting some of our clients in my scabby old driving shoes

Tried a couple of Tescos for some cheap and cheerful ones I might be able to leave stickers and labels on, then take back afterwards. But they only sell ladies shoes, men of course having no feet.

Then I started thinking charity shops for a disposable pair. In the end I got some from a British Heart Foundation shop in Congleton. £15!! Horrible clumpy box-toe things that a Yr 10 school kid might wear. Only one lace. And not very good grip for the fells, either.

On way home I took them back for them to resell (only had 'em on for 2 hrs), but without even asking they remembered me and gave me a refund. I did try and get them to only put a tenner back on, but they had to give me back all the money. Well, there is a credit crunch on, you know!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Today's Stupid Thing

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    So I get halfway to Leek for a meeting when I realise in my haste to leave the house I didn't chuck my work shoes in the car. So I face the prospect of meeting some of our clients in my scabby old driving shoes

Tried a couple of Tescos for some cheap and cheerful ones I might be able to leave stickers and labels on, then take back afterwards. But they only sell ladies shoes, men of course having no feet.

Then I started thinking charity shops for a disposable pair. In the end I got some from a British Heart Foundation shop in Congleton. £15!! Horrible clumpy box-toe things that a Yr 10 school kid might wear. Only one lace. And not very good grip for the fells, either.

On way home I took them back for them to resell (only had 'em on for 2 hrs), but without even asking they remembered me and gave me a refund. I did try and get them to only put a tenner back on, but they had to give me back all the money. Well, there is a credit crunch on, you know!
    Shameless!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Shameless!
    I had no cash to offer them (like the queen you know). But I did sign their petition, as the Govt. is stopping or reducing funding into heart disease research.

Tightarse.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

I didn't intend to get my money back, was just gonna let them flog it again! But when they offered... It was £15 I could ill afford to throw away.

No way, can't believe they gave you a full refund they really are charitable!

amazing idea, loaning shoes and clothes from charity shops
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

I completely lost the plot last night....

We where out for a meal for my grandma's birthday, it was really busy and it was quite noisy.

I ordered pigeon for my started and chicken for my main.

The pigeon came and id finished it within about two minutes. This is when i became a dunce. For some reason i thought it was the main course, i was thinking for myself why the portion was so small for a main, and that i wasnt in the slightest feeling full.
    I went to the toilet and came back and said to my dad who was sat oppiste "not a very big portion for a main is it"
    He just looked up at me with a very strange expression "You what!"

Then at 4am, my mum went to the toilet and then went to check on my sister as she always does. I cant remember much about what happened but my mum said this morning that i called her into my room where i was in bed, and i kept telling her about "the bike frame"........."the 'M'" - and i kept drawing an 'm' in the air.
    She said it was very strange and just told me to go back to sleep. All i can remember is that i was dreaming about something to do with bike?

This morning i got asked what drugs ive been taking haha.

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    I didn't intend to get my money back, was just gonna let them flog it again! But when they offered... It was £15 I could ill afford to throw away.
    Are you sure you're a southern softie? You sound like a fine old Yorkshire gentleman, one of the old brigade
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

I read this at work, and couldn't stop laughing.

I have heard of people that rob the church plate, and i have heard of people who steal the black bin liners outside of the charity shops, but that...

You get an award for that! its class!