Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brough Law (Cheviots) 22 March

Brough Law (Cheviots) 22 March

If I'm feeling fit enough by then I might take this race in on way back from a short break touring Scottish Borders. Seen the pics on the NFR website - any forumites (Nee Bother etc?) done it before/planning on doing it this year?

Re: Brough Law (Cheviots) 22 M

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    If I'm feeling fit enough by then I might take this race in on way back from a short break touring Scottish Borders. Seen the pics on the NFR website - any forumites (Nee Bother etc?) done it before/planning on doing it this year?
    Hi MT, nice little low key race in a lovely remote valley, 37 runners last year and about the same supporting.

Very steep start up to Brough Law, then a nice circular undulating run followed by the fast drop back to the finish. reasonably well marked although a few of us added a bit on last year

.....check 2008 results on NFR site (i finished in 42 mins )

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Hi MT, nice little low key race in a lovely remote valley, 37 runners last year and about the same supporting.

Very steep start up to Brough Law, then a nice circular undulating run followed by the fast drop back to the finish. reasonably well marked although a few of us added a bit on last year

.....check 2008 results on NFR site (i finished in 42 mins )
    Thanks NB - sounds a good un - but I might be some way behind you if I get there

Thanks NB - sounds a good un - but I might be some way behind you if I get there
    Go for it MT...not sure if I can make it this year

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Go for it MT...not sure if I can make it this year
    Just printed out the route from the OS map - Looks like my sort of course - mostly fast grassy running with no difficult descents.

its a great little race with a couple of stiff climbs but all on grass. fantastic bomber of a final descent, i managed to do a complete head over heels landing on my feet which a) caused a bit on interest for the spectators and B) made me need new undergarments. keith coopers organising it this year

Making the journey up to this one, looks like a cracking little race, recommended strongly by Goose Fat as well.
    Hoping to make the Cheviot Summit on the 26th April as well, any previous experiences of this race?
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

cheviot is a great race, steep inital pull up to top of scald hill the bog trot a ,mile and a half to the climb up cheviot then up (beware a false summit) then onto the summit plateau to the trig point and then back doon again. Well organised race, fairly hard to get lost as the route follows the tourist path and a splendid final descent back to finish on good grass.
    pics on the Northumberland FR website.

Just printed out the route from the OS map - Looks like my sort of course - mostly fast grassy running with no difficult descents.

...and the current weather forecast is good so already looking forward to this, so much so that I'm setting off from home tomorrow!! (A few days in the Borders with some easy running/walking thrown in - Eildon Hills among others)

[QUOTE=Multiterrainer;206920]...A few days in the Borders with some easy running/walking thrown in - Eildon Hills among others)

While you're in the Borders the Chapelgill race takes place on Saturday, short but very steep from what I've been told, details in calendar. I was hoping to get to both races but it looks like i'll have to give Sunday a miss.