Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inov8 Mudclaw 330-any good?

Talking Inov8 Mudclaw 330-any good?

Howdy

Have any of you tried the Mudclaw 330?
    I've never ever worn anything other than Walshes; good fit for my plates of meat & do exactly what they say on the tin.
    However, these caught my eye, plus they do them in my clown's shoe size 13!
    Any feedback, positive, negative or otherwise, would be really appreciated.

Taa

Re: Inov8 Mudclaw 330-any good

I prefer the fit of the Walsh to the 330 - paticularly around the heel. Didn't need to break the Walshes in - never had blisters with them. First long run with the 330's and my feet were wrecked by 20 miles. That may be because I had sealskins socks on though in an attempt to firm the fit up a bit. That said, I do love the extra grip of the 330 in really bad conditions. The question is though... how often do I really need that extra grip?

Smile Re: Inov8 Mudclaw 330-any good

Hi there Pilgrim

Thanks for your speedy response.
    Interesting comments.
    The grip does indeed look formidable.
    Just heard a tip about using the steam off a kettle to mould the heels to your form. Did try it once before with some Walshes & it worked a treat!
    Need to find a shop with a UK13 to try on first & will take it from there....

Thanks again

Great grip but I had to sell on as I could not get beyond the blisters. This is an issue for quite a few people but plenty wear them so I guess it depends on your foot and the fit.............? Probably the best grip available on steep soft grassy slopes.

ahhh shoes, now your talking!

really didn't get on with the 330's hurt my achilles and never had an achilles problem before, also got blisters with them but it was mainly the heel issue. They also felt quite loose over the front or top of the foot obviously not for the slim footed soles - see what I did there?!

Anyway.....the Mudlclaw 270's are fantastic, so comfy, great grip and never had a spot of bother given the first time I wore them was a 4 and half hour run!

I also have Walsh's and they are like slippers I just prefer having the option of 4 wheel drive in these things when the mud and slippy rocks are in abundance

Super Moderator

330s fit me fine. I have relatively wide feet and high arches and can't get in normal Walshes. Shoes are such a personal thing and Inov8s just seem to suit me. Fancy 315s too and will try at some point.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    330s fit me fine. I have relatively wide feet and high arches and can't get in normal Walshes. Shoes are such a personal thing and Inov8s just seem to suit me. Fancy 315s too and will try at some point.
    I always found Walshes too narrow and were painful. Inov8s tend to be wider which suits me but not everyone.

The 330s are perfect for short steep stuff. The grip is even better than Walshes. I got a pair of the new 315s yesterday and they feel far too comfy for a fell shoe - very impressed on their first run out. The 330s and 315s complement each other well.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    I always found Walshes too narrow and were painful. Inov8s tend to be wider which suits me but not everyone.

The 330s are perfect for short steep stuff. The grip is even better than Walshes. I got a pair of the new 315s yesterday and they feel far too comfy for a fell shoe - very impressed on their first run out. The 330s and 315s complement each other well.
    I'd guess that they sell more 330s and 315s than all their other shoes together
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I'd guess that they sell more 330s and 315s than all their other shoes together
    I've spent plenty of money on them! I hope you don't think I was sounding like the salesman!
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

the 330s grip in my opinion unbeatable they have excellent grip much better than walshes they give me much more confidence on steep decents in terms of grip and stability, like hh said the walsh are far to narrow for me and i had a problem on rough ground going over on my ankles only thing i can fault them on is there weight when wet and the uppers seem to go everytime there quite weak
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.