Thread: Walk to Ell and back -11 march

Walk to Ell and back -11 march

This ldwa is 30/15miles and starts from Greetland nr Halifax and so quite hilly. I understand they cater well for runners - well stocked cps, and Pie and pies to finnish - runners start at 9.30am next sunday.
    I've not done it before and wondered if anyone knows the route adn has the cp details. I'm a ldwa member but the walk organiser wont give out the route/cps untill i pay.......what?!!!!
    Chris

Re: Walk to Ell and back -11 m

I've emailed the organiser and had no response. Tried the website link from ldwa, no joy there either: doesn't work.
    Have you managed to find out anything else about the event, such as whether they take entries on the day, and where/when it starts?
    I was supposed to be doing the Wuthering Hike on the Saturday but now can't make that, so a Sunday run would be good.
    By the way, Chris and other forumites, this means I've got a Hike entry going begging - free to anyone who contacts me, so long as substitutions are OK with Keighley and Craven.

Re: Walk to Ell and back

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    I've emailed the organiser and had no response. Tried the website link from ldwa, no joy there either: doesn't work.
    Have you managed to find out anything else about the event, such as whether they take entries on the day, and where/when it starts?
    I was supposed to be doing the Wuthering Hike on the Saturday but now can't make that, so a Sunday run would be good.
    By the way, Chris and other forumites, this means I've got a Hike entry going begging - free to anyone who contacts me, so long as substitutions are OK with Keighley and Craven.
    I now have the cp details and route description for the 15mile option for this sunday. They also take entries on the day. If anyone is interested let me know.

Yes, I'm still interested Chris.
    What's the route, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Yes, I'm still interested Chris.
    What's the route, please?
    Hi Tussock just read your message - think teh forum was down at some point on Sat. I teamed with another runner and we did it in less than 3hrs. mostly on canal patha nd calderdale way - shame you missed it as it was a good day. Next is Blubberhouse 25 for me - are you up for it?

You know that runner you spent 3 hours with? That WAS me! I thought you knew! We must have been communicating at cross purposes for days....
    Maybe these forum pseudonyms aren't such a good idea after all. It can be difficult enough keeping one identity going, let alone two. I think you've got the right idea staying as Chris Brown.
    Errrr....you ARE Chris Brown, aren't you?

Anyway, it was a very enjoyable run. And it's the first time I've ever tied for first place in a race, even if there were just the two of us in it.
    We made for a pretty unimpressive mass start though.

[quote=Tussockface;19565]You know that runner you spent 3 hours with? That WAS me! I thought you knew! We must have been communicating at cross purposes for days....
    Maybe these forum pseudonyms aren't such a good idea after all. It can be difficult enough keeping one identity going, let alone two. I think you've got the right idea staying as Chris Brown.
    Errrr....you ARE Chris Brown, aren't you?

Anyway, it was a very enjoyable run. And it's the first time I've ever tied for first place in a race, even if there were just the two of us in it.
    We made for a pretty unimpressive mass start though.[/qu

Silly me - Durrrrrrrrrr. As always as soon as i pressed teh send i realised!....but - too late!
    It was a good run - i like to do another, pos a recci for a race coming up, any ideas???? What about the Yorshireman marathon in Sept?

I might do the Yorkshireman in September but won't recce - I've run it the last 3 years and as I get slower each time it'd be counterproductive to put in an extra one.
    My next LDWA event is likely to be the Ulfkil Stride on June 9th. Meet you again on a new thread ....