Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you earn a crust?

Master

Re: How do you earn a crust?

Quote Originally Posted by haworth hobbler View Post
    or like me an ex! used to teach at local college, but the hours were crap and so was the place. ditched the job, working on my house, letting the dragon work, and when i wish, nip out for a trot.

i guess it makes me pretty lucky, (not rich!) but sod it, at least getting much fitter!

That`s what i call style
    The older I get the Faster I was

Talking Re: How do you earn a crust?

I work at the startpoint for about 6 different races serving grog to the deserved, so training is easy to do and location is perfect; still, 45hrs extra training a week would be great....... if only.

I'm a high class prostitute... earn a fortune

Running 40-50 miles p/w and cycling twice as well means I just get very tired. I work for myself and put in about 39-42hrs/week over 5 days. Additional callouts over the weekend are common as well though. For instance yesterday after my long (26m) run I had to go Kendal which is about 45 miles down the motorway, and today I missed the clubride due to another callout. Had to cycle on my own which inevitably ends up a shorter ride.

Advantages as well though -t'other week i shot over to Lanzarote for a week with only a few hours notice and this week I'm finishing sharp on Tuesday afternoon to get up the fells and Friday to get down to Yorkshire for a Duathlon on Saturday.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    You can count me in....

Red face Re: How do you earn a crust?

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    Tried that myself once, money was good but for some reason I started running like John Wayne so it had to cease.... When you say high class then I presume it has to be Ferrero Rocher; mint humbugs wouldn't do?

Quote Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
    Tried that myself once, money was good but for some reason I started running like John Wayne so it had to cease.... When you say high class then I presume it has to be Ferrero Rocher; mint humbugs wouldn't do?
    All 3 provide a unique taste in your mouth....

I'm a Freelance outdoor instructor teaching all sorts of sports and guess what It keeps me outdoors most of the time.

Work tends to be quieter in winter so loads of training, leaving the summer to concentrate on racing. Gives me enough money and time to be flexible. Wife is an MD in an insurance company so I do the dad thing in picking up my girl from school. All the parents call me Riley as in 'Life of... '

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'm a Freelance outdoor instructor teaching all sorts of sports and guess what It keeps me outdoors most of the time.

Work tends to be quieter in winter so loads of training, leaving the summer to concentrate on racing. Gives me enough money and time to be flexible. Wife is an MD in an insurance company so I do the dad thing in picking up my girl from school. All the parents call me Riley as in 'Life of... '
    Ian do you teach navigation mate??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Ian do you teach navigation mate??????????????
    Daz
    I'll PM you about what you require but the short answer would be yes.