Thread: My first attempt

My first attempt

I,ll never look at marathon runners or Xcountry runners in the same way again. Went out on Thursday for my first run around the peak district, I didnt break any records on my 21 mile run, I did it in 4 hours 27 minutes.

I could not run up all the hills but that means i will improve. I was however impressed with my body I never once had to tell it to run, it automatically ran as soon as it could.

I found that deep bogs caused a few swear words but other than that it was fantastic and time flew by. I learnt so many lessons like if you stop concentrating for a split second you trip over lol, and its always the same ankle that lands funny.

What an experiance I cant wait for my next trip.
    Beginers must start somewhere

Re: My first attempt

Quote Originally Posted by legitlee View Post
    I,ll never look at marathon runners or Xcountry runners in the same way again. Went out on Thursday for my first run around the peak district, I didnt break any records on my 21 mile run, I did it in 4 hours 27 minutes.

I could not run up all the hills but that means i will improve. I was however impressed with my body I never once had to tell it to run, it automatically ran as soon as it could.

I found that deep bogs caused a few swear words but other than that it was fantastic and time flew by. I learnt so many lessons like if you stop concentrating for a split second you trip over lol, and its always the same ankle that lands funny.

What an experiance I cant wait for my next trip.
    Good effort Lee

Where did you go?

Started at Casleton car park ran through Hope to Aston the continued up to Twitchel farm, along brink past wooler knol to Crookstone (521) followed the ridge line with Vale of edale on my left. Followed that ridge around the back of Jacobs ladder, up to Brown knol, Then along Colbourne (where it was knee deep in bogs) Then to mam tor and along that path taking in Hollings cross and Lose hill, back down to the main road and back to casleton. If you can follow those directions your good lol.

Started at Casleton car park ran through Hope to Aston the continued up to Twitchel farm, along brink past wooler knol to Crookstone (521) followed the ridge line with Vale of edale on my left. Followed that ridge around the back of Jacobs ladder, up to Brown knol, Then along Colbourne (where it was knee deep in bogs) Then to mam tor and along that path taking in Hollings cross and Lose hill, back down to the main road and back to casleton. If you can follow those directions your good lol.
    Thats a good run pretty much the Edale skyline with a few variations.

You'll bedoing the Dozen next

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Thats a good run pretty much the Edale skyline with a few variations.

You'll bedoing the Dozen next
    I was thinking the same - a belting run out for a first effort
    Poacher turned game-keeper

The Dozen? That sounds like a route. Is this something I can set a goal for?

The Dozen? That sounds like a route. Is this something I can set a goal for?
    It is a classic but hard on the legs with not much running unless your name is GeoffB
    http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...t=Kinder+Dozen

Do a search for the Kinder Killer too. you will know Kinder pretty well after these two trips

WOW I found them Thank you. Need to train more lol, however targets and goals such as this only makes me more determine ....Thank you ....