Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blakey Blitz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Blakey Blitz

Brilliant new race today on Blakey Ridge. A good mix of terrain, ancient paved ways, bogs, tracks, heather, peat and a cliff! Anybody else do it? Some way tough climbing and to finish with a 600ft climb: out of order!
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Re: Blakey Blitz

I was there! it were a real good race
    Last up to the finish were a killer, but great fun all the same!
    definatly doing it again next year

Yeah, Great race and thanks to Bob Lillie and Dave Parry for organising it - its been a bit of a headache due to land restrictions and farmers. One thing I might add is the possible formation of a new club for the North York Moors area - North East Hill Runners. Bob and dave have information on this.

Thats interesting! North East Hill Runners, is there a website?

Website currently being set up but I think the first organising meeting is on 12th april at Eskdale pub Castleton - but I would need to check those details and get back to you. The reason for the new group is that some but not all members of the fell section of North York Moors are going it alone because of frictions around road/X country and fell and that NYM has lost its way and swung towards road and XC too far - particularly with the installation of the old road manager as club chair. That said I'm still a member of NYMAC but if a significant amount of the fell section go then I will go with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Website currently being set up but I think the first organising meeting is on 12th april at Eskdale pub Castleton - but I would need to check those details and get back to you. The reason for the new group is that some but not all members of the fell section of North York Moors are going it alone because of frictions around road/X country and fell and that NYM has lost its way and swung towards road and XC too far - particularly with the installation of the old road manager as club chair. That said I'm still a member of NYMAC but if a significant amount of the fell section go then I will go with them.
    I have to say ,that was one of the best races i have competed in.
    I echo the comments made by an earlier poster regarding Dave Parry and Bob Lillie.
    The NYMAC question is a very interesing one,wasnt the reason behind NYMAC formation because of the same problems members were experiencing with Middlesborough and Cleveland AC?
    There must be a common denominator somewhere.
    Great race all the same.
    PS
    I was running behind some one (Bowland Fell runners ?)
    who seemed to twist his ankle badly ,if you are out there ,how are you ?

No surprise ! Mandale / North York Moor Athletic Club / Esk Valley Fell Club and now theyre off again !!!

Bit puzzled by post 58 (Reply With Quote doesn't seem to work). As a reasonably active member of Esk Valley Fell Club I'm not aware of any-one leaving.

More details please.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Blakey Blitz

An excellent course up on the North Yorkshire Moors,held this coming Sunday.
    A few of us travelled over from Leeds to do it last year and throughly enjoyed it ( and the pub at the end too )

highly recommended

I might appear for this one.