Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Blakey Blitz

Thats about right Mark, Blakey and Gisborough Moors are probably the two toughest races on the NYM. 3 tough climbs in the race and the last climb to the finish is a mile long slog.

I'm sure XC the day before is not advisable but I'm guilty of doing the same thing myself plenty of times

Lots of York Knavesmire will be heading up tomorrow and I'm hoping for a better result than the last couple of years when I've either been ill or lost .

Lost? So not one to just follow the tape on then?

There is usually plenty of tape and in clear weather it should be fairly easy. I guess it depends on where in the field you are and if the clag comes down, I was in 3rd at the time and on my own, managed to somehow go the wrong way before the climb to CP7 and lost lots of places.

Ah no worries - i don't think i'll be troubling the scorers too much as they in cricket. I have no qualms about navigating but wondered all the same... Looking forward to it

T'was excellent and a hell of a finish. Saw Jim Mann fully changed and 200m down the course willing us also-rans on as i finished and figured he must have won it and been in a while... Really enjoyed it, thanks very much to the organisers.

Finish was as tough as I remember, Jim Mann did indeed win in a close finish from Harry Holmes and myself.

You all finished within 20 seconds, must have been a hard competitive race all through.

CliveT
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

From Esk Valley Fell Club Facebook

Blakey Blitz sun 18th March due to weather forcast we have decided to cancel with consequences for marshals competitors and likely access issues, hopefully rearrange after Easter.

Bob Lillie
    Clive Thornton
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Ran this today for the first time. A very fine race, but a beast of a finish. Had to try very hard at the end to hold off one of my clubmates. Thanks to the organisers and marshals.