Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend run and nav?

Re: weekend run and nav?

I might be up for this - if you chose the dales (south west) I'd keep well out of the route finding unless things went badly wrong and, if they did, then I could pretend to save everyone with my superior local knowledge. I wouldn't otherwise help with any navigation unless I didn't actually have a clue where we were.... in which case I would of course help.... badly

Bunkhouses, do explain please? i do not do camping, but that sounds interesting, maybe i am too much of a novice for this, but it does sound interesting.

I went to a similar weekend over the Christmas hols and about 25-30 people were there it was brilliant.

we did a team interval session Saturday morning and a mini mountain marathon stile score event in the afternoon, then Sunday when for a long run.

the "Capricorn" event was held on the side of Whernside 3 years ago maybe you could use some of the same controls?

I also have an Orienteering back ground, and would be able to help with the coaching side of things, if i am able to come.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyTooSLow! View Post
    the "Capricorn" event was held on the side of Whernside 3 years ago maybe you could use some of the same controls?
    Good bunkhouse and pub there too - although I am working that bank holiday weekend..............

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    Bunkhouses, do explain please? i do not do camping, but that sounds interesting, maybe i am too much of a novice for this, but it does sound interesting.
    You don't do camping? You cannot be serious?

well, i see there woul dbe many people who could contribute knowledge of nav etc. If we can arrange something, it wont be so much a fitness thing, but a nice social trot perhaps 15 miles ish on day one, 10 day two, gentle pace and just nav from one point to another, with perhaps some fine nav for MM practice, checkpoints dont have to be too far apart etc. How's this for a suggestion folks:
    Base: Horton in ribblesdale, bunkhouse at local pub: http://www.3peaksbunkroom.co.uk/ tel 017729 860380

Camping at: Horton in ribblesdale, Little farm next to pub, can't think of the telephone number at the mo, nice little campsite, showers, friendly farmer, bout 6 quid a night, cafe and shop nearby, great views of PYG on a clear day

Suggested runs/nav around pyg, plover, foxup, ingleborough. I'm away at May bank holiday, but what aboput April bank holiday, good friday, sat and sun running? Failing that, anyone else want to suggest a weekend either april/may. Not forgetting that this does not have to be one weekend for all together. Oh by the way, the thought of BBQ and beer comes to mind also! Let me know, i can plan one route. and as i said , we all take turns in getting from point to point, so, this means i pick an easy checkpoint (hull pot for example)
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

forgot to add, this would be great to do as a regular thing for social aspect and newbie training

I'm liking the sound of Horton campsite plus bbq etc, but I can't do Easter or the first May bank hol.

early last year (I think) we discussed a high level camp. How about a mini MM style trip with a wild camp. That way you get the LW kit out of your system as well as some navving. Could even do a night course!!??

Moelwyns?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    early last year (I think) we discussed a high level camp. How about a mini MM style trip with a wild camp. That way you get the LW kit out of your system as well as some navving. Could even do a night course!!??

Moelwyns?
    thats not a bad idea i would certanley have a go at that and i'm sure other MM would.

The little get togethers i'm on about are for just general nav which we have to know for fell races and social aspect which are great for newbies. but if someone wants to organise Mini mm training type events then trhat would be great.

Ok, so we know some cant attend early may and i know i cant late may, but as i said, no one has to miss out, there can be more than one get together before summers out. so, anyone, suggest some dates, if there can be a few for early may bank holiday then let us know