Thread: March 09 FRA navigation course

March 09 FRA navigation course

Just wanted to say a big "thank you" to everyone involved in putting on this weekend's navigation course at Kettlewell. (especially whoever organised the weather)

Had a great time - even enjoyed the 6:45am optional-but-actually-we-expect-you-to-be-there run.

Would definitely recommend this course to anyone relatively new to fell-running.

Looking forward to seeking some fellow novice navigators at the Anniversary Waltz. Just don't follow me - I might be able to use a compass now, but I'm not entirely sure that my route choices are that great!

Re: March 09 FRA navigation co

I would just like to say a big Thank You to all for helping out at Kettlewell, Margaret had to go into hospital just before this course so the both of us could not attend, which meant, Mark had to stand in at the last minute and give a one hour talk to 30 strangers, a somewhat daunting task you will agree, but a job well done, also to Jenny, who normally helps Margaret with the addministration, but she had to work on her own for most of the time. All the other instructors, it's a long hard weekend and everybody gives 100%. Again Thank You All
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Re: March 09 FRA navigation co

The weather was certainly different to the previous couple of years - no blizzards, hail or thunder - and we still didn't lose anybody!
    Good to see you on Friday night BC and as far as the instructors go, I think we all learned a little more of just how much work you and Margaret put in before, during and after the weekend. Also a big thanks to the two 'temporary' YHA staff who looked after us so well, I just hope some sense is restored to the YHA management to look after their front line staff before they lose any more. Ten days without a break, no wonder they looked shattered.
    A circular route mostly downhill