Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Puma Trailfox Hawkshead Trail

Re: Puma Trailfox Hawkshead Tr

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I'm struggling to see the relevance of such a childish remark .
    The "childish remark" is nothing personal - one of the climbs on the Hawkshead Trail is so steep only a handful of competitors can run it. I certainly can't ! My point is that this surely makes it a fell race ????

So what's in a name ?

The name of the course is the Hawkshead Trail, of which there is a Race (you can call it a fell race, a trail race, a mountain race, or whatever) a Challenge for less competitive runners and a Nordic Walking Challenge. They all follow the same 15km Hawkshead Trail

The race is listed in the FRA calendar, AND insured by the FRA

Go on, move it back in to the Races section where it belongs........please.....
    Puma Trailfox Lakeland Trails - Inspiring Races in Beautiful Places

RIP OFF PRICE!

reckon someone is making a mint out of such an event !!!

It's only 8 pounds for the 3 peaks, and most races only cost about 3 quid (help...my pounds sign doesnt work on this computer lol)

This event gets picked on a fair bit because it has a significant commercial feel to it that generally doesn't fit well with a lot of folks view of "fell races" and a lot of the posts are bordering on advertising. I don't think this forum is the place for commercial "plugs" for events that carry "management fees". [I say that as a organiser of a fell race that puts me out of pocket every year!]

Well at £11 and a t-shirt it compares favourably with similar road and trail races, and that's really the audience its aimed at.

There are lots of races in the handbook that aren't proper fell races (Exe to Axe is a particular example that springs to mind), so being in in the book doesn't mean anything.

I think where the race sits on the forum is best left at the whim of the moderators - and a particularly fine bunch of people they are...

Quote Originally Posted by over the hill? View Post
    I think where the race sits on the forum is best left at the whim of the moderators - and a particularly fine bunch of people they are...
    and I don't think the Moderators levy a management charge either!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Runner View Post
    one of the climbs on the Hawkshead Trail is so steep only a handful of competitors can run it.
    I did this race last year, when I was a novice fell runner. I did walk the very steep climb..........but I reckon i could run it now.
    Last edited by sunnysideup; 07-03-2007 at 06:56 PM.

the clues in the name

if it was the Gladiator (a proper fell shoe without dispute) Hawkshead Trail race

David would approve
    I'm having an old friend for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by macc ladd View Post
    and a lot of the posts are bordering on advertising. I don't think this forum is the place for commercial "plugs" for events that carry "management fees".
    Is not right at this stage to mention how suitable the PUMA Trailfox off road shoe would be for the event? www.pumarunning.com I ran three of the races in this series last year and the PUMA Trailfox shoe was just the right choice. Offers grip, support and is very comfortable. Perfect for the job in hand!

and a lot of the posts are bordering on advertising. I don't think this forum is the place for commercial "plugs" for events that carry "management fees".
    Is not right at this stage to mention how suitable the PUMA Trailfox off road shoe would be for the event? www.pumarunning.com I ran three of the races in this series last year and the PUMA Trailfox shoe was just the right choice. Offers grip, support and is very comfortable. Perfect for the job in hand!