Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Br Ch'ship race at Bearnagh

Re: Br Ch'ship race at Bearnag

Good to see young Robbie Simpson doing well mixing it with some of the top names. Looks a real prospect.

Future British Champ? You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Good to see young Robbie Simpson doing well mixing it with some of the top names. Looks a real prospect.

Future British Champ? You heard it here first.
    Spot on. Going that well at 17 years old, I think this guy is going to have a very stong future ahead of him.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

How did you get on Fellmonster?
    Just sorting out Greater Manchester team for IC Fell Champs. PM your name, DOB, club etc.
    Cheers.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Just sorting out Greater Manchester team for IC Fell Champs. PM your name, DOB, club etc.
    Cheers.
    How did you get on? DNS
    Name: Lord Sutch
    DOB - 16/10/1936
    Club: RAOB http://www.raob.org/

FellMonster

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Cheers.
    I have not been running Andi, so it would be wrong to consider me or for me to put myself forward. I do, however, thank you for your interest Maybe next year

Thanks Fellmonster for the update.
    Some interesting results from that race.
    What was Nick Leigh doing back in the 20's? I havent had a text back from him so not sure what kind of form he is in.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

FellMonster

It's a proper tough fell race despite the short distance Andi. I'm not suggesting for a second that Nick isn't a proper tough fell runner, but as a race its certainly more inclined to suit a true fellrunner than a track runner.....having said that, wasn't the second lady from a road running club? I suspect the course has been drier than usual.

She is, but I've always considered her a fell runner, she's been running in the fells for a fair few years now anyway. http://www.scottishhillracing.co.uk/...RunnerID=R1910

Bloody good course, not much running, someone said they measured it as 3.5 miles, so 40 minute winning time says it all. Almost no flat, not that technical, just very steep as usual in the Mournes.

FellMonster

Surely much of the climbs up Meelbeg and Meelmore are runnable.....granted Bernagh isn't really runnable....i imagine Holmesy would eat everyone alive on the descent off bernagh if he travelled.

First one probably is, after the initial climb, I had a 100k road race in my legs from the weekend before so just couldn't get running, think I walked every incline on Saturday, but I didn't see that many running the final ascent. It wasn't as steep as I thought it would be though, but maybe the rocky terrain stopped many people from breaking into runs. No doubt the front end of the field ran more.

I think you're a bit harsh on rob though. The fact is he travelled and ran. You've got to be in it to win it is the old saying.

Petty Holmsey didn't run, but apart from that descent of Bearnagh the rest of the descents were technically easy, just steep grass really. In fact Bearnagh wasn't that technical either, not much loose material/rocks/scree until near the bottom and the natural terracing made it quite safe.