Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Br Ch'ship race at Bearnagh

FellMonster

Re: Br Ch'ship race at Bearnag

I happen to think I'm being more complementary than hard on Rob- the fact that he can win when I don't think he's in top form is quite a compliment.

The reason that I don't think he's in top form is as follows:
    - He had a low-key performance in the xc races he ran in comparison to previous years
    - Other than Whernside 07 (and it wasn't as far in respect of time), I can't recall him having been beaten so far by Holmes as was the case at Pendle (in fact, Rob had/has been beating Holmes on home turf at Howarth for sometime)

Quote Originally Posted by FellMonster View Post
    It's a proper tough fell race despite the short distance Andi. I'm not suggesting for a second that Nick isn't a proper tough fell runner, but as a race its certainly more inclined to suit a true fellrunner than a track runner.....having said that, wasn't the second lady from a road running club? I suspect the course has been drier than usual.

I would call Nick a fellrunner rather than a road/track runner this last few years. He turned down the chance to represent his club at the NoEAA Road Relays Sunday for this race, which is completely his choice and right to do so. It is obviously a steep little fell race looking at the times.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I would call Nick a fellrunner rather than a road/track runner this last few years. He turned down the chance to represent his club at the NoEAA Road Relays Sunday for this race, which is completely his choice and right to do so. It is obviously a steep little fell race looking at the times.
    He turned down that chance so he could drink lots of medicine with us on saturday night

Are you up for the Inter Counties Fell Champs Darren?
    I haven't got your telephone number. Could you send it me via PM
    Cheers
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 07-04-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Removal of e-mail address now Darren has contacted me.

the hopes danny+rob do seem to be in great form atm all though there was alot of top runners missing on saturday
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Are you up for the Inter Counties Fell Champs Darren?
    I haven't got your telephone number. Could you send it me via PM
    Cheers

sent an email to your bt account Andy went round the course last week (not the best fell race route but the best cakes after if i remember right)
    Last edited by Feet in the Cowclaps; 07-04-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Nice one, got your message. Will conatct you but you are on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by FellMonster View Post
    I suspect the course has been drier than usual.
    The race 4 years ago took place in a rain and cloud-free interlude of about 1.5 hours. It poured down otherwise for most of the Friday and the rest of the weekend.

The first climb was very wet that time.

I watched the race this year from the col below Bearnagh and my wife ran.

The course was drier than in 2006. There was however a fierce wind on the exposed parts of the course.

The first descent was slightly different this year in that the runners had to keep to the left hand side of the Wall right down to the col between Meelmore and Meelbeg with an obligatory crossing of the Wall by the stile. In 2006 we came down the right side of the Wall and were able to cut the corner a touch towards the col below Bearnagh.

All things considered I think Rob and Danny did very well to break Rob's old record.

Ben Grant from Harrogate Harriers clocked the race at 3.99 miles.

One of my favourite races; all up or down. None of this level nonsense.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    ...apart from that descent of Bearnagh the rest of the descents were technically easy, just steep grass really. In fact Bearnagh wasn't that technical either, not much loose material/rocks/scree until near the bottom and the natural terracing made it quite safe.
    -I wish I found the line that you did!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    the hopes danny+rob do seem to be in great form atm all though there was alot of top runners missing on saturday
    Name all the top runners that were missing. Numpty