Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Working for Morons?

Working for Morons?

Do you work in the public sector?
    Are you daily inundated with further legislation, protocols, guidelines, training schemes, pointless PDR's etc. etc. ?
    Are you of the opinion that those responsible for drawing up the aformentioned, have to be completely brainless morons, with not the remotes idea of the job involved?
    Have they ever, just once, they asked your humble opinion - as someone who does the job?
    Do you despair at the amount of time and daily energy taken up with simply 'battling the system', during which you achieve nothing, zilch?

Oh god, it's only Monday and I'm in a mood already , best count my blessings I still have a job.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Re: Working for Morons?

Not any more mate!

All of that Moley... and more...

And I don't even work in the public sector - I work for them in the private sector! All the bad bits without the final salary pension!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Do you work in the public sector?
    Are you daily inundated with further legislation, protocols, guidelines, training schemes, pointless PDR's etc. etc. ?
    Are you of the opinion that those responsible for drawing up the aformentioned, have to be completely brainless morons, with not the remotes idea of the job involved?
    Have they ever, just once, they asked your humble opinion - as someone who does the job?
    Do you despair at the amount of time and daily energy taken up with simply 'battling the system', during which you achieve nothing, zilch?

Oh god, it's only Monday and I'm in a mood already , best count my blessings I still have a job.
    Moley
    last week i was going to start a thread titled THEY
    because its they that implement all this bollox that we have to drudge through on a daily basis.

Left house today at 4.00am , drive to Portsmouth to listen to an engineer talk shit that ive heard day in day out for years. Drive home , back at 6.30pm and then fit my run in.
    Im working under more regulations than ever

I work for myself

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Working for Morons?

I've got to do a forklift resfresher course tomorrow that lasts for 8 hours and could be done in 1 hour according to the trainer
    Also doing another NVQ being taken by a condescending pillock who thinks a 10 mile mtb ride is tough!!!!!
    He's injured at the moment though, think he's fractured his eyelash
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I work for myself
    On your bike !!!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I work for myself
    Do you ever feel the need to b@ll@ck yourself
    Hills and Guinness!

I was quite astounded today. I had a very hard weekend and concequently slept in. This doesn't happen often, i have only had four days off sick in the last year when i had my wisdom teeth removed. My boss phoned me and woke me up at 10:30, after explaining what had happened he said, You have the day off steve, we will book it as holiday. Meanwhile one of my coleagues phoned HR and told them all this. So, an hour later i recieved annother call from my boss telling me i had better come in after all. Of course by this time i was 10 miles from home enjoying a nice stretch on the bike. When i finally got to work HR told me there will be a diciplinary hearing because i didn't phone in before 9:30. I explained that i didn't wake up untill 10:30, but they just said, The rules state you must phone in before 9:30. I had a lovely day.
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice

Lola

It would have been nice would'nt it if one of the benefits of the current financial mess was people with non-jobs being reasigned to production of some sort? HR? Who gives a f**k, just pay me the right amount on the due day and keep the records of holiday owed; after that, do something useful.

Akin to our beloved 'boys in blue'; heaven forbide you reach the dizzy speeds of 32 mph, an armed response unit will ALWAYS be deployed. Get mugged or burgled and you get to ring a recorded message that gives you a serial number for the insurance claim.

Humbug.