Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Roberts Fell Race

Banned
    1st class event Hobbsy, big thanks to yourself and all your marshal's, cake ladies, helpers and the Cricket club for making it a fine event.

Jack Ross won for the boys
    &
    Helen Berry for the girls

All images from today now loaded up.
    Enjoy with a cuppa and a biscuit!

Trying to raise money for Malaria No More charity. If you'd like me to send you any of the images or print them etc, then PM me. If you see me at any other races, just throw a few bob my way so that I can help the above charity buy mossie nets. Ta.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/926730...7642100692345/

Ian Roberts Fell Race-587.jpg
    Last edited by backtothefells; 09-03-2014 at 09:49 PM.

First set of sunny photos up on, http://www.woodentops.org.uk/ well done Hobbs & crew at Holmfirth Harriers. Good wins by Jack Ross and Helen Berry who on Saturday helped the Yorkshire girls win gold at the Inter County XC Championships.

Hi Phil, unfortunately I had to work yesterday and was unable to make the race but a clubmate made the trip over and was full of praise. It's only right that guys like yourself (race organiser) are made aware that your efforts are appreciated. Cheers mate, see you soon.

Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    1st class event Hobbsy, big thanks to yourself and all your marshal's, cake ladies, helpers and the Cricket club for making it a fine event.

Jack Ross won for the boys
    &
    Helen Berry for the girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hi Phil, unfortunately I had to work yesterday and was unable to make the race but a clubmate made the trip over and was full of praise. It's only right that guys like yourself (race organiser) are made aware that your efforts are appreciated. Cheers mate, see you soon.

Darren Fishwick, Chorley.
    Thanks for the kind words, folks - always good to know that our efforts are appreciated!

Just to let you know that the results are now on the FRA website. I'm not totally sure, but it could have been a record entry for the race in its current format - I'll have to do some delving to see if they had more when it was a road/fell relay as it originally started out as.

Anyway, many thanks to all who turned out in the glorious sunshine that Stagger booked especially for the occasion! There are photographs aplenty, as you can see from earlier posts, plus there is another set on the Harriers flikr site - see link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hhac/se...7642146550874/

We did find a pair of what looked like house keys on the road just before the climb up Pule Hill, so if anyone has dropped them, please PM me & we'll see what we can do! There was also a pair of purple gloves left in the clubhouse, so again, if they're yours, let me know! Also discovered a pair of black cycling overshoes outside the clubhouse - any takers?

Until the next time.
    Last edited by Hobbsy; 12-03-2014 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Addition to lost property!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Disappointed you didn't get an entry to the Flower Scar & at a loose end that weekend? Time to head over to Marsden for the Ian Roberts Memorial race then.

Only a fiver to battle the tussocks & then relax with tea & cake aplenty in the welcoming surroundings of Marsden Cricket Club. Sunday 8th March - what else would you be doing?!

Here's the link to the race page:

http://www.holmfirthharriers.com/joo...-10-3km-260m-2
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Just a reminder one & all, that the race is fast approaching! Stagger's sunshine has been booked once again, so if you're not too tired after Flower Scar or Stan Bradshaw, get yourself along to Marsden Cricket Club - you won't be disappointed!

Banned
    Just walked the second half of the route and its very firm under foot and extremely well flagged.

Hope all runners and the organiser enjoy there day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Just walked the second half of the route and its very firm under foot and extremely well flagged.

Hope all runners and the organiser enjoy there day.
    Must have just missed you, Stagger! It was very breezy up Pule Hill! You're right about it being dry underfoot. If the wind drops, could be some fast times tomorrow.

The cake mountain is growing.....so come along & help demolish it!

Photos of yesterday's event, courtesy of Norman Berry. Feel free to use them for reports etc, but please acknowledge Norman as photographer:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hhac/s...7648931973073/

Results in next day or so, depending on the day job!

Cheers,
    Phil Hobbs