Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Ian Roberts Fell Race

Only a few weeks until this year's race, so better start planning...!

Entry on the day, still only a fiver, cakes & tussocks aplenty - get yourself along to Marsden Cricket Club.

Here's the link to the race page. Any questions, just shout.

Cheers,
    Phil Hobbs (Holmfirth Harriers)

http://www.holmfirthharriers.com/joo...-10-3km-260m-3
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Just a bump for the race this Sunday.

Went round the course on Saturday & just the odd patch of snow left now. Otherwise soggy underfoot, but unless we get another dump of snow between now & Sunday, you'll be fine!

If your legs have recovered from Edale & you fancy a quick(ish) blast, then get yourself along - beer & cake guaranteed!

Cheers,
    Phil
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Looks like you will be getting a few toddies Phil, late addition to our grand prix following rivock edges postponement. Dont think I will make it though.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dantodman View Post
    Looks like you will be getting a few toddies Phil, late addition to our grand prix following rivock edges postponement. Dont think I will make it though.

Dan
    Thanks for the update Dan. Weather permitting, looking forward to welcoming the massed ranks of the upper Calder valley's finest to Marsden!
    Last edited by Hobbsy; 16-03-2018 at 04:39 PM.

I know you'll all be looking with great interest at the weather forecast that seems to be changing by the hour. We now seem to be in Amber warning territory for Saturday evening/early Sunday morning.

We're going out flagging the course tomorrow morning & will then keep a close eye on the weather from then on in. The main issue is likely to be access to the cricket club for parking & registration, as it's about 1/2 mile up Mount Road from the main A62. My Marsden spies will keep me updated, so will make a call as early as possible to save any unnecessary travelling if we have to postpone.

Watch this space! If it does go ahead, it's still going to be bloody cold up there, so make sure you bring your full FRA kit!

Cheers,
    Phil

Right folks!
    We've flagged the course this morning (big thanks to Rob Kersey, Mike Fanning & Judy Howells) & it was a little challenging at times, with very strong winds & snow flurries, combined with some icy patches.
    So now we wait to see if the forecast heavy snow arrives later today. I'll be speaking to my Marsden chums later on & will be guided by what they're telling me. Annoyingly, the forecast tomorrow looks OK from 10.00 onwards, but it'll be too late by then!
    Watch this space & keep everything crossed!
    Cheers,
    Phil Hobbs

Sorry guys - we tried, but unfortunately, we've had to make the decision to postpone the race tomorrow. Safety of everyone is paramount & the forecast is against us, so giving you all plenty of notice. ��
    Hopefully, we'll be able to rearrange later in the year. Now what to do with all the cake.....?!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Sorry guys - we tried, but unfortunately, we've had to make the decision to postpone the race tomorrow. Safety of everyone is paramount & the forecast is against us, so giving you all plenty of notice. ��
    Hopefully, we'll be able to rearrange later in the year. Now what to do with all the cake.....?!! ��
    Given the conditions in the Colne Valley you made a good call. I know that the Huddersfield Change Project can make use of the cake, feeding homeless folk. PM me if you have any left.

Good shout, Rodders! On this occasion, most people were bringing their cakes to the race, so they'll just have to eat them at home instead!

I'm heading out to collect the flags this morning & then I'll pop into Huddersfield, so will drop by the Methodist Mission or the Welcome Centre to see if they would like the goodies I'd already been given.

Cheers,
    Phil

Just a reminder that the race is this Sunday 10th from Marsden Cricket Club.

Weather forecast is currently for potential sleet showers & blustery winds from mid-day, so if ever there was an incentive to get round quickly, that should do it! Make sure you've got your kit with you, as it's likely you'll need some of it!

Cakes ordered, so just bring yourselves & some cash.

See you there - registration from 9.30, with an 11.00 start.

http://www.holmfirthharriers.com/joo...arch-10th-11am