Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairfield Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Ok, I'm sure many of the ladies (and even some men too) actually enjoy the views in this pic from last year's Wasdale...

Attachment 7636

I'm free!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    It was kinda funny being checked for gloves at Fairfield, when the most vital bit of kit on the day was sun tan lotion! Even on that day though, if you had been injured and stationary in the wind that was only on the tops you would have still needed most of your kit to stay warm.

Not nice grassing up other runners though, I agree. If there is an issue, do it through the RO on the day not on here or FB after the event!
    I wore my gloves throughout and was very happy to have them on when on the tops - the same goes for my thin long sleeved top. The only time I felt overdressed was on the final run in.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post

I'm free!
    Makes a change, normally everything costs an arm and a leg. Might cost something else in this case

Well, when I have my waterproof on I pin my number to my shorts. Nobody has ever asked me to remove it in all my years racing. However, if they did, I would. Simple. Did it at The 3 P's this year. Plus, I always shout my number out to help the marshalls. Also, if everybody pinned them to their shorts we could all go topless !

Master
    Jolly cold wind on the tops today - happy to wear my gloves and waterproof top throughout. I was so knackered I walked some of the track to the finish - despite which nobody passed me on that stretch and I passed 2 with cramp. Thanks to the RO and marshals - not a nice day to be stationary on the exposed fell sides.

A great route and as ever, well organised and marshalled- thanks to John and the team, thoroughly enjoyed it.

My 1st lakes fell race, absolutely loved it, great organisation, brilliant Marshalls and volunteers! And great weather, if a little blowy! just need to figure the descent out a bit better!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
    My 1st lakes fell race, absolutely loved it, great organisation, brilliant Marshalls and volunteers! And great weather, if a little blowy! just need to figure the descent out a bit better!!
    Pretty much exactly what I was going to write! Definitely took some terrible lines towards the bottom of the decent, including falling off a small cliff at one point. All part of the fun, great race.

Master
    A great day for the 50th Fairfield Horseshoe - coolish at first in the shade, warmer later; again, there was a cool breeze at first down low, but it did not amount to anything much higher up. And the ground was the driest it has been for a long time. Thanks to the RO and the marshals - and thanks for the very worthwhile slate coaster given to all finishers.

Master
    Yesterday was the 51st Fairfield Horseshoe - and a new RO - well done JP. We - I think there were 376 of us - started in overcast conditions with a bit of a breeze - on top the clag was down, very windy, but only a drop or two of rain. The overnight rainfall meant the rocks were very slippery, but fortunately given the recent dry weeks the bogs were dry.
    Despite having done the route perhaps 20 times there are still new route variations to discover - I found 3 yesterday - none of them particularly time saving but just much nicer terrain with a lower trip/slip risk.
    Well done to theNoor for his victory.
    Thanks to the marshals and to JP, the RO.