Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fellrunning Samatotype.

Fellrunning Samatotype.

Hi Guys I'm new to the forum and have come back to running after a long break.

I used to run hills back when I was about 155lbs, then my wrestling game came on well and I ended up in the 205lb category. I've come back to running again but am finding hills particularly difficult now.

Are there any heavier runners out there or am I definately going to have to cut weight?

What weight are you 6 foot tall guys running around at? My runs will be no more than 12 miles.

Thanks,
    Neill
    I like cake and boobies.

Re: Fellrunning Samatotype.

I'm 6'1" and weigh about 12stone10
    My OH thinks I look like some sort of stick-insect, but I feel like a lumbering hulk most of the time on the hills, and am working on losing at LEAST another half-stone

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    I'm 6'1" and weigh about 12stone10
    My OH thinks I look like some sort of stick-insect, but I feel like a lumbering hulk most of the time on the hills, and am working on losing at LEAST another half-stone
    I'm 6'1" and weigh about 12stone 8 which is above my ideal weight by about 6 pounds which is what I was around TT last year but still below my weight in that picture.

I think that if you gents are 6'1 and are overweight for the sport, then I had probably better hit a near vegetarian diet for a while to get down to weight. You guys reckon that hitting 12 stone sould be about right? Even then, that's about 30 weeks of weightloss haha. Man, this is gonna be fun
    I like cake and boobies.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

I'm 6'1" and just over 11.5st. I'm looking to get down to 12.5st (yup 12.5). No-one on here seems to take this seriously!

I've got no aspirations to be a contender though. Horses for courses (or in my case corsets!)

You say samato...
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

6'0'' and ...ermm... 175lbs.

I thought I was light enough, now I wonder.

To be fair though I have a mate who's 6" and about 14st and he is easily faster than me. So it must just depend on the person.

Also I tend to just do long distance stuff (20 miles +) where I reckon my additional fat reserves give me an advantage.......

Hey dudes thanks for the replies.

I think that for me, I'll have to be 12 or below as I have a slight bone structure. I just packed on a lot of bulk to reach 205. Training has been tough lately and the hills I train in are steep. I remember the feel of running when I was lighter and I seem to just have a lot of excess weight where it isn't needed.I feel like I'm running with a pack as my legs aren't strong enough over distance. Either that or I've developed compartment syndrome or something

Anyways, roll on the weight cutting and foam rolling for my ass.
    I like cake and boobies.

I'm 6ft 2" and about 15 and-a-half stone (I have been bigger). I normally finish in the bottom third. On a good day, I trouble the half-way mark.

I used to play rugby, so have the legs and lungs for it. It's going uphill that's the problem. Flats and downhill are fine (gravity). My 10K is about 46mins, which for a fat lad, isn't bad I think.

Due to my body shape, I'll never be a 10 or 11 stone whippet, so I try to eat well and keep on running.
    He's big and he's good.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LazySod View Post
    6'0'' and ...ermm... 175lbs.

I thought I was light enough, now I wonder.

To be fair though I have a mate who's 6" and about 14st and he is easily faster than me. So it must just depend on the person
    My argument is that strangely, it depends on the amount and quality of training. Two people doing same training but different weights, the lighter guy will find it easier, but then a heavier chap will be quicker if he trains better. But mental strength will also be a factor.
    Last edited by southernsoftie; 22-04-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

I'm understanding now how much that mental strength is a factor. It's all to easy to stop and be sick when you're running but when I was sick and kept on running whilst I puked, it took my time down a fair bit. Training is going better now that my calfs are improving with the foam rolling etc. but I'm also getting stronger mentally. I've trained hard this week so I think that I'll take a gentle swim tomorrow instead of a run. My knees probably need the rest anyways. What other sports do you cats do to suppliment your running?
    I like cake and boobies.