Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Stuc a’ Chroin

Re: Stuc a’ Chroin

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    ...came a cropper sliding down and banging my monkey tail...ouch. Ran it off, but pretty tender now...
    Now Tendersticks

Very well done Tindersticks especially in those conditions. I remember thinking it was a very tough race when I did it 4 years ago, I'd never climbed anything quite as steep before.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

I heard it was pretty brutal, people getting treated for hypothermia at the end, someone helicoptered out - in May ffs !

I'm beginning to regret agreeing to marshal the summit of next weekends Glas Tulaichean race.
    pies

Yaks, I hope the hypo people are now ok, it was pretty wild on the ridge and the summit. Good luck next week Shaun, you guys deserve medals. How the marshals got all them bottle up the hill yesterday was extremely impressive, hats off. You're not wrong Linda, that second big climb was a killer. Luckily the wire fence helped with the slog when the going got proper steep. I felt like Paula Abdul going two steps forward then two steps back.

Previously only suffered from sunburn and cramp on this race and that was tough enough but yesterday was wild, the underfoot conditions were especially demanding and only respite was the forest track but on the way back this was hardly easy running. Heard from a couple of veterans of 20+ races that this was the toughest conditions yet but as always a great turnout of marshalls all round the course, big thanks to everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    I'm beginning to regret agreeing to marshal the summit of next weekends Glas Tulaichean race.
    I regretted it.

Brrrrr
    pies

Finally heading over to Britain to take in a fell race after promising it to myself for the last 2 years. So far 3 of us heading from Cork/Kerry, And this is the one we're looking at. Flights direct from Cork to Glasgow, rent a car, probably stay in Stirling. Looks like we'll need to bring everything from suncream to space blankets...

Quote Originally Posted by Conor74 View Post
    Finally heading over to Britain to take in a fell race after promising it to myself for the last 2 years. So far 3 of us heading from Cork/Kerry, And this is the one we're looking at. Flights direct from Cork to Glasgow, rent a car, probably stay in Stirling. Looks like we'll need to bring everything from suncream to space blankets...
    The villagers are very welcoming, and I would respectfully suggest that staying there (Strathyre), rather than Stirling, will be your best bet, certainly for the Saturday night.

And yes, being early in the season you can still get a chilly one, but don`t be put off by the 2013 reports - that day is now part of folklore. A pacey American lad (31m 10K) was coming to the end of a 3 year stint in Glasgow, and having promised himself a hill race before he went home, just managed to squeeze that one in - saw him about 10 days later, and he was still a bit lost for words!

Thanks David.

Have booked flights so this is happening. My first race outside Ireland. Stirling appealed because reckoned it wouldn't be too far from race, would have more places for the post race heading out, and more sights to see on Sunday before we head away for late flight home. Prob will still head there the night before the race and do the whole Premier Inn thing, maybe stay in Strathyre so, or Callander instead after the race.