Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stuc a’ Chroin

You'll enjoy it matey. My one and only running of it was in 2014. How hard can it be?, I wondered. I can still recall the feeling of disbelief when coming out at the top of the moor above Glen Ample and looking at the 350m wall of Beinn Each in front and thinking "you're having a laugh??"

What was worse was the realisation of how far behind I already was after only 3 or 4 miles as the little coloured dots snaked their way over the summit 2 miles distant. ;-)

Thanks granty. Have done a couple of the Mournes Skyruns and a 7 x 7s, so know the feeling of looking up at a few hundred metres of a climb after hours on the go and thinking "ah come on, who put that there"!

Anyone know whats happening with entries. It says on the website a form will be available 1st april but cannot find anything.

Cheers

Dan

I think the website says "beginning of April" rather than 1st April ( at least the bit I read did, unless 1st is somewhere else ), so I'd say they still have a few days of leeway before they're overdue ;-)

Entry now open on the website http://www.stucachroin5000.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Conor74 View Post
    Thanks granty. Have done a couple of the Mournes Skyruns and a 7 x 7s, so know the feeling of looking up at a few hundred metres of a climb after hours on the go and thinking "ah come on, who put that there"!
    You'll love it Conor. Rougher ground than the Mourne Skyline but far less of it. Probably an hour and a bit quicker, maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    You'll love it Conor. Rougher ground than the Mourne Skyline but far less of it. Probably an hour and a bit quicker, maybe 2.
    Thanks Ally, really looking forward to this now and the chance to run with the best in Britain...though would be happy to get into the top half. Got a slight thigh strain a few weeks back, tore a few quad fibres on Hungry Hill here in the far SW of Ireland. Running away on the flat, but suspect it could go again on a long flying downhill. But sure what about it, isn't that the essence of mountain running...unless you hear a bone break or ligament snap, you run on and take the consequences at the end...

Running a Half Kinder Doz tomorrow to try out fitness and various injuries, if it goes ok I'll be racing, if not I'll be driving up to spectate.

Last edited by Curry; 07-05-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Fantastic experience. Savage route, now know what granty meant when he referred to looking up at the ascent of Beinn Each. I thought I was doing well up to then,...but about 150 were evidently doing better! Became a lot more of a struggle after that, finished on 3.19 which was about 20 minutes slower than what I hoped for...but one of those events where taking part was a privilege...amazing route, great weather, and phenomenal athletes. You were right Ally, I did love it!

Incidentally, Curry, saw your pics on Facebook and sent you a message about using your pics to show trail runners on a Facebook page what they might want to aim for...