really?
    I thought it was last week.

Re: Hendersons End

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnYourTelly View Post
    really?
    I thought it was last week.
    http://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=2319

Come on NotOnYourTelly get it together people might think it's me being a dodo

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    UU don't want anyone running on certain parts of Winter Hill, a lot of races on winter hill are going through the same thing, the FRA are aware of it and hopefully will be trying to sort things out.

Next weeks race is going ahead, but there's a route change and it's likely to be the last Hendersons End fell race.
    I think it is crazy that United Utilities can ride roughshod over everything. Originally the hills were privately owned but were bought by the government through nationalisation of the waterworks to be then sold off and the land with it. What also irks me is the land is mostly open access land. What are 3 maybe 4 races a year on Winter Hill going to do compared to the many thousands of people who walk/cycle and ride over it every year. They also forget that winter hill was an industrial landscape up and till as late as the 60's in places and still has an active quarry.

I hope the FRA can sort it. I wonder if lobbying the local MP's would help. I doubt it as they probably have shares in UU

quite looking forward to this one, what can I expect?

Really enjoyed this one: I'd do that course again, even though it was changed from the usual, so don't make this one the last one!

Yes, still a good, friendly race. Thanks to organisers and marshals for taking the trouble.

I'm going to raise this with my local MP regarding UU. Winter Hill, Belmont and the original Henderson's end are all cracking races and it would be great shame to see the demise of all these races. Is my understanding correct in that under the Right to Roam anybody can walk, run or bike on UUs land but if its an organised event the Right to Roam contains a clause that enables UU the right to refuse having organised events on there land?
    I fully enjoyed the route tonight but seemed to find it harder then the original!a
    Thanks to the race organisers and marshalls for putting the race on.
    :thumbup:

could you not make an official route that goes outside the UU controlled bits and then offer runners a 'route choice' that is basically the original route? if asked, runners just say they're deviating from the official course. i dunno. seems like an arse law.

Thanks to organisers and helpers for tonight's race. I asked a few runners who were wearing a Garmin what distance they recorded.....7 miles, so definitely a longer route than the orginal. Was it just me or was anybody else gobsmacked with the speed of Darren Kay, he was flying.